NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Timneh vs Congo?

Conweigh

Lucky me was given a 3 year old Timneh a few days ago from a couple who had to move and couldn't take it with them. I have 1 question for any of ya'll

Timneh owners. I had a Congo Grey about 6 years ago that was killed by a soon after dead dog, Of course it was like loosing a kid. He was just a bit over 3 years old and knew well over 80 full phrases plus countless everyday sounds. I hadn't considered getting another one because to me, I know I couldn't replace a kid, and I couldn't replace Kito either. Could any of you who have experienced both TAG and CAG tell me if as far as taken care of them any differences, or are they pretty much the same as far as food. I totally got out of the bird thing because, well you know. I was a little reluctant to take the TAG, knowing that CAG's bond with pretty much 1 person in the family. I expected it to totally reject me, but to my surprise we hit it off right from the start. I know I'm rambling on so I'll close.

Any help would be appreciated

Guest Daimiojin

First of all, so sorry about Kito. I know that must have been horrible! I have 2 dogs and a cat indoors, along with my TAG. I have to close off part of the house when she's out....which is most of the time.

Congrats on being owned by another Grey. Mia, my TAG, is about 2 1/2 years old. I feed her Harrisons Bird Food -High Potentcy. This was the food recommended by my avian vet. It's expensive but is a complete food with no need for (or recommended) additional fruits nuts veggies etc needed for a normal diet. I'm disabled so it makes it easier not to have to provide all of the fresh foods. Although we still "share" a bannana or apple every day.

I think the only thing the food container suggests...if you really want to is dark green leaf veggies.

Hey, I don't work for them but Mia is doing great, althought it look about three months to move her from Pretty Bird to Harrisons. anyway if you wanted to check it out the address is

www.harrisonsbirdfoods.com They have some good general information on their site as well.

Good luck being trained by your new friend.

Guest lowang59_98

Ray, at least I have friends. What's your excuse for the life that you have?

.' .-.~._

Bird Brain's _/ ( 0 / ', Nest .-' ( /--./ .'. ' |'.__.'--' / '-/_, |' | / /_. ; ;

/_.' , '/ /

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dee Dee Warren,

No offense intended. It just that we had too many spammers here and the admin started banning them, thank god...

So,

Do you have a parrot, or you just like them?

• 2 years later...