NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Attention

Ray P

Ok I`m back and I will tell you about my special amazon and how she gets my attention.

When Cricket came to us it was said she would never be that special bird, that she would just be a prity green bird in a cage.

It did not take long for Cricket to prove every one wrong.

Our house has a great room that has a kitchen, livering room and dinning room and next to the great room is our family room and Crickets cage is there. Off the family room are the steps that go to the master bedroom and there is a small balcony at the top of the steps.

When the wife wants something and I am in the bedroom she will yell from the greay room RAY !! and the obedient husban that I am will yell back WHAT !!. Now my son who is 35 will call my wife MA - MA. Now the stage is set.

When Cricket wants my attention she will yell RAY !! And I can`t tell it`s not the wife so I come to the balcony and say what. If she wants the wife she will yell MA !!.

If we say Cricket what do you want she will say WHAT !!.

That's very funny Ray! Anyone owning an amazon, knows they WILL find a way to get your attention, not like a grey who will wait for us to come to them most times. This is a great topic!

Nilah first starts out softly with a one word question..." bird??" if she hears no response, she will try again. BUT! If she hears my voice at all, she will yell, " BIRD!!! HI BIIIRRRDDDD!!!! ", over and over until I answer back. :)