NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Slater outside

Hello all. The weather has been incredibly beautifuly lately. Slater really enjoy being outside.

great pictures!

im really interested in your aviary. could you post pictures of it from different angles please. also what net material did you use?

great pictures!

im really interested in your aviary. could you post pictures of it from different angles please. also what net material did you use?

Hi, It's actually a batting cage turned aviary-LOL. It's 22' long x 12' wide x 10' high. It is perfectly safe as long as the birds are supervised. I would not recommend leaving the birds inside while you go to the grocery store. They could chew their way or get tangled somehow. Constant supervision must be used at all times.

I'll take some pictures for you over the weekend.

I have a few months before I have to officially "open" my on-deck aviary. Which means that I am not at all procrastinating in coming up with a design...

What is the mesh material?

What is the mesh opening dimension?

In the late spring to early fall, I spend the evenings on the deck by my pool. (Next summer I plan to build some beer taps out there...) I'd really like to have a place for Ellie to hang out while I am enjoying the "cool" evenings... (Of course, will that be a problem with her sleep cycle? She's going to bed between 9 & 9:30 now, as winter approaches...)

I have a few months before I have to officially "open" my on-deck aviary. Which means that I am not at all procrastinating in coming up with a design...

What is the mesh material?

What is the mesh opening dimension?

In the late spring to early fall, I spend the evenings on the deck by my pool. (Next summer I plan to build some beer taps out there...) I'd really like to have a place for Ellie to hang out while I am enjoying the "cool" evenings... (Of course, will that be a problem with her sleep cycle? She's going to bed between 9 & 9:30 now, as winter approaches...)

Hi Doug,

It's actually a batting cage. The dimensions are 22' long x 12' feet wide x 10' high. The squares are 1" squares. It is perfectly safe if the birds are supervised while in use. I never leave my birds unattended ever. I use it on the weekends when I can be inside of it with them in case someone flies off their perch and onto the netting. If left unattended they could possibly chew their way out. So far it is working out great.

• 1 month later...