NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here! :)

SKW

Hi everyone!

My name is Sara, I joined this site because I am very interested in buying a congo grey, and have been for quite some time, but I'm also a little hesitant.. so I am here to learn more from other owners what it's like having a grey before I make any big decisions. I currently own 3 happy budgies, a cat, and a Siberian husky, but sadly my beloved sun conure, Jasper, passed away almost a year ago :( My life just feels incomplete without a parrot friend (they are my absolute favorite animal/pet!), and there's just something about the greys that draw me in. I will be posting more questions very soon because I am really eager to here everyone's input :)

Welcome SKW to the grey forums. A grey in your life will be a life changing event.

We are here to help when you have a question. Take the time to read threads and post in the differant rooms and learn as much as you can and don`t be afraid to ask any questions that you may have.

Hi Sara, Kudos to you for wanting to learn about greys instead of stepping right in. Greys are unique and quite different than other parrots. So you have come to the right place if you're looking for people who are obsessed with their greys. So ask away and read, read, read the many threads already here about all kinds of grey questions. Welcome to the Grey family!

So glad to see you joining us while you are in the decision making process. We have a rehomed Timneh and there isn't a day that passes that he doesn't make me laugh and count my blessings for having him in my life. There are definitely two sides as there are to everything in life. It is definitely not something to enter into lightly. I am so sorry you lost Jasper, but also glad you are thinking of getting back into the parrot world and considering a grey. There is so much to read in this forum, I have learned everything I know about greys from the good people here who have encouraged and shared my journey for the past two years. Welcome and chime right in, everyone here is very helpful to newcomers and it is a good place to learn.