NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We decided to get another Grey

roseepting

I posted awhile ago when our Tumba had cancer. We lost him about a month ago. I wasn't sure I wanted another bird, but we went to the bird show last weekend and came home with a 4 1/2 month old. We named him Tindo (Teen-doh')which means active in Swahili. So far he fits the name. We took him for his first Avian vet check yesterday and the vet says he is very healthy and well adjusted. He loves his toys and already knows "up" very well. We have one Greyhound and a mutt who ignore him and one Greyhound who wants to get him, so he is either outside or leashed if we are playing with Tindo. He was only interested in our other bird when he flapped his wings and squawked and does the same thing now. It will take some work, but I would never trust him. The instinct is too strong. I is amazing now that he is here to realize how sick our other bird was before we realized. We took him to the vet when he stopped talking, but he hadn't been as active in a long time. This baby climbs everywhere, tries everything and seems fearless. I'm glad we gave in, I know he will be great company and we have told our grandson that he will inherit Tindo someday since he has shown the most interest of all the grandkids. Our age was what had held us back, but we should have some years left, I hope.

2-8898A44D-1044935-800.jpg

• Haha 1

Tindo is beautiful. It is wonderful that you decided to bring another grey into your life. It is always very difficult to get through the grieving process of losing such a precious friend and companion. I have no doubt Tindo will have a wonderful life under your loving care.

Hopefully we will hear frequent updates and see new photos as well. :)