NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New grey lover entering....

hucker

Used to own all sorts of breeds in the house, tearing everything to shreds, but had to sell up when I became ill. You can see these birds at http://petersparrots.com

Anyway I am now back to parrots again, but just greys (too many breeds causes fighting!) and in an indoor aviary in the converted garage.

Here's the aviary (yes I know the pictures are huge, but I prefer to let you see the photo in its full glory, not shrunk!):

Aviary%20-%20Coco%20(African%20Grey%20parrot).jpg

Aviary%20-%20Coco%20and%20Harvey%20(African%20grey%20parrots).jpg

Aviary%20-%20Coco%20and%20Harvy%20(African%20Grey%20parrots).jpg

Here are the (two so far) greys. Coco is an 8 year old girl, and Harvey is a 13 year old boy. Harvey plays in the nest box, but is rather rough with Coco, who seems interested in nesting, but doesn't like Harvey being so rough:

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20cannot%20remove%20parcel%20tape%20middle%20from%20perch.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20chews%20parcel%20tape%20middle.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20closeup%202.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20closeup.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20eating%20a%20grape.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20eating%20apple.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20sleeping%202.jpg

Harvey%20(African%20Grey)%20sleeping.jpg

Harvey%20and%20Coco%20kissing%20(African%20Grey%20parrots).jpg

Coco%20(African%20grey%20parrot).jpg

Edited by hucker

Yep they are big big big pictures.

They're worth it!

I see you have a gas heater - I'm thinking about putting one in my indoor aviary as electricity is expensive. I'm concerned about it using up all the oxygen and possibly fumes though - any ideas?

P.S. I'm typing this all again, as I pressed "reply to thread" after typing in quick reply, and it all disappeared!

Just to let you know that is not a gas heater it`s a Eden Pure Quartz infared electric and we love them.

We have a log cabin that is about 3900 sq. ft and half is propain and half is electric heat and we have three of them ahd we have cut our propain and electric use with them.

They are safe for the birds.

Trouble is gas is three times cheaper than electricity, so I want to use it. But I don't like the idea of:

Oxygen depletion.

Fumes.

Naked flame.

The only gas appliance I have at the moment is the gas central heating boiler in the house. It's a balanced flue (air intake and exhaust is outside), so it's safe, doesn't use up my oxygen, and no fumes. But to pipe the hot water from that to a garage radiator is asking for frozen pipes! Fitting an entire boiler for the garage is going a little far.