NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

First day of the Amazon Room

Ray P

I was looking back to the first days of the amazon room and saw the first post was 12/29/2009.

I wanted to know more about the history of this great room.

As a caregiver to a zon and a rookie moderator. I wanted to know more about the heart and soul of this room and than I noticed that the first post in the Amazon Room was on my birthday.

I have always felt a kinship to this room from the day I joined the Grey Forums and to share my life and your life with our zons.

Oh 2009 was not my birth year I go way way way way back to 1940 and I do not see myself as an old fart but a person who loves his zon.

I still research and learn something new about zons every day.

Food for thought.

A man that is too old to learn, was always too old to learn

Hi Ray, I am excited to hear that this room was started on your birthday! As you probably read, it was a passion of mine to have a place to learn more about Amazons after recently acquiring one that I didn't know much about. I searched the web and couldn't find any forums specifically for Amazons, and I didn't want to leave this family that I was lucky enough to be a member of....so, I decided that after all my hard work here, I would start the Amazon Room! Thant way I could stay here in this family with my greys and amazon!

I have been amazed at the number of members who have amazons and greys! I LOVE reading everything that posted about amazons. I can associate with all the stories. I look forward to reading more!

Ray, Thank you for keeping things going and fresh in this room. As you know, I have been without power do to the storm so I can only glance here occasionally, but this thread was important to me.

Take care and hope to be back daily soon!

I have been drawn into this room to learn about all of you with "blended families". I had heard that in general if you are going to get multiple birds, they should be from the same continent. All of you with your Amazons and Greys are giving me ideas. LOL. Actually, I am not planning to add a bird, but if I did, it would surely be an Amazon and I would have all of you to thank. Come to think of it, I was not planning to get a parrot and currently have two, so it is not out of the realm of possibilities. I come in here and read how you love your Zons for different reasons than our greys but everyone here thinks it was a great decision to get the Amazon. Thanks for all your work to bring them into our lives too. And Ray, we share a birthday month and I loved your food for thought.