NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Lying on back

dicky601

Klaus has started to play on his back a little bit (just did it yesterday, just once). He was in his cage playing with the little plastic ball with the bell in it, and rolled over so he could handle it with both feet. Very cute! But I've never tried to get him to do it, he just did it.

lying on there backs im lucky if i can even stroke pepsi lol iv been trying for months i think she has duel personality nice 1 day the evil for 6 days and think her last owner was abit deaf cause she seems to respond to people who talk loud and it seems every one elses is lovely i still loveher she very funny i just wish she was abit more loving to me lol

Radar let me put him on his back last night, I had never tried it before. He stayed there about 5 seconds but didn't seem to like it. He does hang upside down alot, we call it showing off. All I have to do is tell him to show off & he will go to the nearest place he can grab & hang upside down, then siwtch to only one foot and swing. I tell him he is a monkey & he really shows off.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I had my first Grey (his name was Happosai) he would do it naturally, when I play with him on the sofa or table, and then hold a pencil or chopsticks, he would roll on the back and hold the pencil or the chopstick and lay for a min or so, it was fun for him, but I never forced it, it all happens by itself. When you play with your grey, just try to do it but use a pencil or a chopstick or even a smaller perch so he'd feel safe, then bit by bit remove it, he will probably do it without resisting and on his own.