NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Thanks to all the forum

2cute

Thanks to all who helped me in this hard time I owe you a lot . I've posted some pics of the baby so you can all see he is fine and well thanks to your concern . I will continue to get informed about my little grey . I pray for him every night and worry about him all the time and I probably won't stop until I see him big and strong . And I truly apologize to those I offended when I posted my concern . I never meant to offend anyone , I don't know what else to say but that I'm so sorry and I hope you can accept my apology .

Goodness, what a gorgeous, cute, heart-melting baby! I am so glad to hear that he's "out of the woods" so to speak and getting bigger and stronger... from what you posted in your other thread, he had an unfortunately rough start with a callous breeder but he certainly is in wonderful, loving hands now. :) Happy thoughts to you both! Does your little one have a name now??

I don't think I understand why you feel the need to apologize for anything. I am so impressed w/the fact that this little baby looks to be thriving when you had no experience or warning before you got him. You've done everything you needed to do & that fat little beauty is proof that you've done one heck of a job so far!!

I'm rooting for you guys, big time! I think everyone else is, too. Please keep the pictures & updates coming. And yes ...how about a name?

I don't think I understand why you feel the need to apologize for anything. I am so impressed w/the fact that this little baby looks to be thriving when you had no experience or warning before you got him. You've done everything you needed to do & that fat little beauty is proof that you've done one heck of a job so far!!

I'm rooting for you guys, big time! I think everyone else is, too. Please keep the pictures & updates coming. And yes ...how about a name?

Thanks for your support

No apologies required, who knows if this sweetie would have gotten this far if some one else found themselves in this situation. You get a gold star in my book! I love that open happy little baby face.

thanks for the gold star :)

One of cats came to us with the name Captain Morgan, funny as he was supposed to be a past relative. His name got morphed to Captain Kitty as our son is name d Morgan life is complicated enough. Fun name for the little guy.

Ha that is funny but Captain Kitty is a cute name also .

Thank you all , I would like your opinion .. Do you guys think he is a CAG or TAG ? I never got to see the parents . Also his Avion vet said he was about 10 days old when i first took him in on the 17th and tomorrow will be the 27th so that means he is only 20 days old about 3 weeks right . But doesn't he seem older ? And also some of his feathers are opening up now . I need to make a video and post it so you guys can see what I'm talking about . At his last check up witch was this Monday the 24th his weight was at 273grams .

Captain Jack is a name for him to grow into. We are also fans of the movies. He is so cute the way he is stretching and alert. I saw our CAGs when they were five weeks hatched and their beak was solid black. Our TAG came to us full grown so I don't know if the characteristic flesh color of the curve of his beak was there when he was tiny. I think in the pictures I have seen on the forum, you could see that beak coloration. It is hard to see in the picture, but I would vote CAG. Can't wait to see which one he turns out to be now.

Captain Jack is a name for him to grow into. We are also fans of the movies. He is so cute the way he is stretching and alert. I saw our CAGs when they were five weeks hatched and their beak was solid black. Our TAG came to us full grown so I don't know if the characteristic flesh color of the curve of his beak was there when he was tiny. I think in the pictures I have seen on the forum, you could see that beak coloration. It is hard to see in the picture, but I would vote CAG. Can't wait to see which one he turns out to be now.

Wow you have one of each ? How cool is that :) I find both CAG and TAG very beautiful birds and I would be happy with either or but the curiosity is killing me LOL

Wow you have one of each ? How cool is that :) I find both CAG and TAG very beautiful birds and I would be happy with either or but the curiosity is killing me LOL

He is a good looking Bird . I can't imagine your baby being like this little featherless bird I have in my arms right now at one point :) 4 months and already feathered , they grow so fast . My family and I are taking bets and I may have to buy everyone dinner because I voted TAG LOL

TAG/CAG Hybrid/2 2383_31_01_10_9_05_57.jpgDescription: In this second picture, you can see the TAG/CAG's black beak clearly (top bird) and notice his/her maroonish tail and darker color. He/she is just about the same size, however, as his/her CAG cousin, who is about the same age. Picture Stats:

Views: 215

Filesize: 217.42kb

Height: 800 Width: 600

Keywords: TAG hybrid

Posted by: Billcry at January 31, 2010, 09:05:57 PM

I have a TAG (as you can see staring at you in my sig!) The pictures that the breeder sent to me weren't very good, but, upon review, it looks like Ellie's beak was dark gray at three weeks, a pretty dark gray at six weeks, a dark putty at nine weeks and the characteristic color at thirteen weeks.

Edited by Doug

TAG/CAG Hybrid/2 2383_31_01_10_9_05_57.jpgDescription: In this second picture, you can see the TAG/CAG's black beak clearly (top bird) and notice his/her maroonish tail and darker color. He/she is just about the same size, however, as his/her CAG cousin, who is about the same age. Picture Stats:

Views: 215

Filesize: 217.42kb

Height: 800 Width: 600

Keywords: TAG hybrid

Posted by: Billcry at January 31, 2010, 09:05:57 PM

The bird eating out of the bowl is definitely a CAG, not any type of hybrid. The bird is also extremely young because there's no iris color yet and as far as the tail goes, all extremely young CAGs have that darkish color near and through the shafts and ends of the tail. And that color will leave when the bird eventually molts them out. If that bird is small, the only reason it's small is because it's a small boned grey. There's small, medium and large boned greys.

The bird eating out of the bowl is definitely a CAG, not any type of hybrid. The bird is also extremely young because there's no iris color yet and as far as the tail goes, all extremely young CAGs have that darkish color near and through the shafts and ends of the tail. And that color will leave when the bird eventually molts them out. If that bird is small, the only reason it's small is because it's a small boned grey. There's small, medium and large boned greys.

Dave,

It APPEARS that picture is from the breeder, who should know whether it is a hybrid or not. (The breeder from whom I got my TAG had cross-bred some different flavors of macaw...)

Also, the picture description (not Greywings post) says that it is the same size as the CAG, so the person is not judging by size.

Dunno why someone would bred a hybrid, but there is no reason that it can't be done...

Dave,

It APPEARS that picture is from the breeder, who should know whether it is a hybrid or not. (The breeder from whom I got my TAG had cross-bred some different flavors of macaw...)

Also, the picture description (not Greywings post) says that it is the same size as the CAG, so the person is not judging by size.

Dunno why someone would bred a hybrid, but there is no reason that it can't be done...

Incubation time is different with CAGs and TAGs-27 to 29 days for TAGS--For CAGs ---31 to 33 days. Artificial Insemination needs to done. CAGS and TAGs are different in size so body size is important as far as connection and most importantly, in the wild CAGS and TAGs will only mate with their own kind. The two types won't even live near each other.

Breeding different macaws has been done for years. They're one of the few birds that will do that although in my opinion, that's also something that shouldn't be done. It's only done to change the color of the bird but many people don't realize that many other things are being changed too.

Edited by Dave007