NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

grab finger with beak and bob head

dm.bourgeois

I'm glad you posted that. I am visiting my CAG at the breeders while she is being handfed. She is 10 or 11 weeks old. When I reach into her cage to have her step up, she often opens her mouth and takes hold lightly of my finger. She doesn't nip at all, but I thought she might be telling me she doesn't want to be handled. In a few seconds though she does step up willingly and I take her out of her cage. Perhaps this finger grab is the same thing you are describing.

my CAG is jus coming up to 7 months old, & has never bobed her head since ive had him......

my friends CAG does this when he is happy to see her, but he is 3 yrs old.....

is this sometrhing i have to teach my grey, or is it a natural behaviour that my CAG will display as he gets older???

my CAG is jus coming up to 7 months old, & has never bobed her head since ive had him......

my friends CAG does this when he is happy to see her, but he is 3 yrs old.....

is this sometrhing i have to teach my grey, or is it a natural behaviour that my CAG will display as he gets older???

No, it can't be taught. It's a inbred trait that some wild birds do. It can happen with younger or older birds.

How long do they do this Dan? My CAG is a little over 6 months old and still does it, is she till looking for that motherly gurge?

Dayo will still do it to this day, mainly with my wife. When he was from 6 weeks to about 6 or seven months old, he would do it very often. After that it has become on the the rare occasion when he is chilling with my wife on her lap.