NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Everyone Please Say Hello to Tucker

Guest midwestbonsai

Guest midwestbonsai

This is Tucker new to our household, he is a large 6 year old male Congo African Grey.

He has been with us for 2 weeks now.

We compare him to the looney tunes singing frog...because when we leave the room he chats up a storm, when we go into the room he sits there are stares at you saying "what?".

He know many words and phrases including:

Darla wears pants (previous owners name)

Bret's the man (previous owners name)

ok

tucker

pretty bird

see you later dude

laughing

burping

farting

barks like a dog

meows like a cat

many many different whistles

He danced with us to Sly and the Family Stone his first night in the new home until we took him to the vet for a checkup and it took 2 vet techs and the vet to try to hold him down for a blood draw, no blood was ever taken.

2011-10-17 20.33.28.jpg

2011-10-17 20.33.11.jpg

2011-10-17 20.33.53.jpg

2011-10-17 20.34.21.jpg

"Hello, Tucker!" Welcome to the Grey forums, Tucker and family! My, he is a very large and handsome Grey--bigger than my Marcus, I'm sure, what a gorgeous young man!! Everyone here will be very happy to hear more stories of your Tucker and see more pictures of him as you would like to share them. :)

Guest midwestbonsai
By the way, how much does Tucker weigh??

He is almost 700 grams, the vet said that he is about 50 grams overweight (previous owner liked to feed him mac and cheese among other things).

Congratulations on the addition to your family. You are off to a great start. For his age, to be talking so much with just two weeks in a new home is remarkable. You are going to be hearing a lot more from Tucker and I hope we do as well. Thanks for joining us.

Guest midwestbonsai

Well, I think I've done it. Tucker likes me more than my fiance (the bird person of the house).

He will leave her and come and find my where ever I am in the house, all while growling and screaming at her.

Maybe this is because he took him to the vet?