NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

funny bird

chezron

My! How did you get him to start saying your address in the first place? Did you explain to him the reasons why? Did you just make it like a fun game or something? I'm curious because I read about that here elsewhere (teaching your Grey your address in case they get lost and found) and I like the idea of it, or something similar to teach Marcus, like maybe just our names plus our family name instead of the street address--in case we move or something in the future, and the address changes. Either way, hopefully Mr. Four-Zero-Zero-Zero will learn your correct house number someday. ;) Thanks for sharing your story, it made me smile!

It goes like this at our house- Brutus learns from my husband. He basically ignores most everything I say, except for, "what's your problem?."

I don't know if he looks at Larry as the competition for my affections, and so wants to talk just like him or what. Anyway, my husband is an airline pilot and is gone several days a month. When he gets home, Brutus becomes his alter-ego, "the recorder." Larry will pick him up and you have never seen such rapt attention in your life! At these times you can almost see the wheels turning in his head as Brutus is trying to record every word out of my husband's mouth. Sometimes when Larry is in his office and conversing, Brutus will pick up the rhythms and just mumble a bunch of stuff, like HE'S having a conversation. Funny!

And then, when Larry is gone Brutus will practice and perfect (or not) what he has taken in. In case we ever lost him, we thought it would be a good idea if Brutus learned our address. So far it is just, "four, zero, zero, zero", maybe we should move to a 4000 number address?

I don't know if he looks at Larry as the competition for my affections, and so wants to talk just like him or what. Anyway, my husband is an airline pilot and is gone several days a month. When he gets home, Brutus becomes his alter-ego, "the recorder." Larry will pick him up and you have never seen such rapt attention in your life! At these times you can almost see the wheels turning in his head as Brutus is trying to record every word out of my husband's mouth. Sometimes when Larry is in his office and conversing, Brutus will pick up the rhythms and just mumble a bunch of stuff, like HE'S having a conversation. Funny!And then, when Larry is gone Brutus will practice and perfect (or not) what he has taken in.

This was the exact scenario here. I commuted to the office in San Jose weekly and stayed there Mon - Fri, returning home on Friday evenings, then back to S.J. early Monday mornings. I did this for 5 years. I just started working from home a year ago. My relationship with Dayo has moved up the ladder to the point of scratch privileges at times and hanging out together much more often, but nothing like he is with my wife.

Your comments about Brutus wanting to be your husbands replacement and conversing with you in his voice is exactly what Dayo did and still does to this day. He considers himself my wifes "Mate" and constantly frets over where she is at all time. The only exception is if I have something he desperately loves like a food item or toy. Other than that, I am # 2. :P