NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shredding magazines

Gwen

Every morning after breakfast, Roscoe, LOVES to shred paper for a few hours... Previously, it's been paper plates, pieces of cardboard, etc.

One day last week he started on my "Better Homes & Garden's" & "Prevention" magazines. He enjoys himself for hours shredding away.....

My question is: Is the ink harmful ????

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was enjoying watching him shred for hours & how much he loves it. My husband mentioned that maybe the colored ink was poison to him & I started to panic. He doesn't injest it, just chews, tears & spits it out with a method that seems to almost mesmerize him. It's like a job he's obsessed with.

Anyway, it sets my mind at ease. I thought i'd heard somewhere that CAG's liked to shred phone books. Magazines are so much fun for him; I just wanted to make sure they were ok...

our girls are both into phone books right now! for athena, who plucks her pretty bright green "shirt" this has been wonderful! she has her "shirt" back, lol! she usually makes little pieces like confetti, but once in a while she goes crazy and pulls off big strips. kallie, likes to pull off different sizes then hang upside down from the top of the cage and watch them fall and spin to the bottom of her cage. sometimes, she'll "comment" on it, she'll go, ummmmm, then if she really likes it she'll make her clicking cluck type sound, kind of like her stamp of approval!

Yes.... He works his way thru the pages, testing to see how thick of a stack he can bite through & when he gets a big chunk & drops it... He says OHHHHHH like that was a good one !!

Then when the pages are chewed to the binding -- that's when the new challenge begins !!! He loves the thickest, most difficult areas & is very pleased w/ himself !!

After hours of fun... when I start to scoop out the piles of shredded pages, he says "Boy, what a mess!!" when i've cleaned up, he says "Good job, buddy !!"