NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Fell in love with a grey I went to see.

reggieroo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, little grey is finally here. Sitting happily in the cage chatting away. Amazing how comfortable he/she was when she arrived, straight out of the box & on to my shoulder. You would think this little grey knows me & had been here forever. Considering how greys normally are, I'm so surprised how she has settled in so quick.

Edited by reggieroo

Some more pics, I'm so amazed how she has settled in. Only been here a couple of hours & already sat on the stand preening, lots of tail wags, whistles & kisses & a few words already. Also had a good feed & a few grapes. ;)

010 (Large).jpg

003 (Large).JPG

004 (Large).JPG

005 (Large).JPG

Edited by reggieroo

I am so very,very, very happy for you, your family and your adorable cute little grey !!!!!

Finally your day has arrived and it looks and sounds like she/he is as happy as you are !!!

As you both settle in, please keep us posted. Congrats !!

So happy for your home to be graced with the "grey whoop" once more. It was a lot easier for me to watch and wait for Wednesday since it came your way several hours ahead of Atlanta time. By the time I read the posts of her arrival, you already had her tucked lovingly into her new home. Congratulations to your whole family. This is such good news.

Yes, Paul, it is wonderful news and the pictures are just lovely! I am so happy for all of you...

"For Murphy & all the lost greys out there I'm going to do my best to give her a good life."

That is just beautiful... I know you will! And she will love you so much for it!! :) :) :)

Wherever little grey has been certainly looks to have agreed w/her. She's kind of magnificent.

It's wonderful that she's actually come home to you. Hope this is the beginning of a very long & beautiful story. And I hope I can stop getting all teary eyed whenever I read about it. I'm just that happy for all of you!

She's in very good condition, she has spent the last month in the care of a vet who have their own cockatoo so they know how to look after parrots. They did say that she was in good condition when she came to them though.

I have done some hunting on the net & found this link that was given to me on another forum to identify males from females. http://www.exoticpetvet.net/avian/appgreys.html

According to the info, it seems that little grey could well be a she. She has the fine grey tips on the end of some of her red tail feathers.