NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Impatiently Waiting

I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for a reply tomy email on when I can go look at some baby Grays. any advice on what I should look for on picking out a good bird. They have six available for adoption. We are looking forward to getting a new bird now that all our children are grown and on their own. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cute story on the "deposits". We are also in the empty nest stage and got a baby Congo African grey to nurture. When we went to the brood box, there were three babies. One hopped right out, played with the cap on a water bottle to remove it and jumped right from the edge of the box into my arms and heart. One thing to remember though, in one clutch from the same parents, each egg is layed with a couple of days between them and when you see babies that could make a big difference at the hatchling stage. This is a lifetime commitment so learn as much as you can and when the right time and right grey comes into your life, trust your instincts, you will know.