NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Snap peas

pikachu

A good way to get your grey to eat something is to eat some yourself and act like it tastes heavenly, when they see you eat something they want it also, a good way to get them to try something new and different.

The green beans can be raw or cooked, see which way she prefers them.

I love to watch my guys eat raw peas! They love them & literally tear right into them.

Quinoa is a good food, too. I found out it was one of the ingredients in the TOP pellets that I use. So I did some investigating & now I use it in my mash or sprinkle it on my fids' food. I haven't actually gotten around to trying it, myself yet. Although it's supposed to be good people food as well.

I wish I had as much time and patience as everyone here to prepare my own mash's and bread's from scratch. I always just buy birdie bread mix ( I'm baking some right now), or bags of cookable blends cook it up and freeze it in batches. I just mix it with frozen and fresh veggies, whatever's in the fridge daily.

For those that feed peas, green beans, etc - I would recommend looking into sprouts.

It is really easy and my guy loves them.

Sprouter -

http://sproutpeople.org/supply/sprouters/easysprout.html

Seed -

http://sproutpeople.org/birddr.html

I've read the nutritional value is enhanced over feeding raw. I have 2 x Easy Sprouters so I constantly make in small/fresh batches. I use a few drops of GSE in the 1st soak cycle to help clean the batch.

Brett