NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from NC

hannahbird

Hello everyone (: My name is Hannah and I am going to be owned by an african grey sometime this week! Originally I thought I was going to be a macaw person. But before I could bring one home, a little african grey jumped from her perch to the side of her cage and begged to be let out. And its been love at first sight. Her name is Marceline, or Muzzy and she is a congo african grey. (:

Edited by hannahbird

What a great intro! And I love your picture. Greys do leap right into your heart. (I have quite a few friends in NC. I was just there this past June visiting.)

They really do! I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I actually just moved to NC from Oregon. Its a lot different but I like it. (:

They really do! I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I actually just moved to NC from Oregon. Its a lot different but I like it. (:

It's like expecting a child. You can't wait but you're scared. And then that little lovey is in your home and everything just kind of comes naturally. If it doesn't and there are any questions, the answers are all right here.

I just hope I can do right by her! And I am very glad I have found this forum (:!

You can and you will. You can't anticipate every situation anymore than you can with a child. If you have love, time and a little bit of patience, you guys will be great! (Otherwise known as "greyt" here!)

Hello Hannah and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us.

Greys have a way of capturing our hearts and even though macaws are majestic creatures I think you will be glad you chose a grey over a macaw, they are very quiet in comparison.

That is a lovely picture in your avatar and if you have some more of her you would share with us we would love to see them.

Is she the only bird you have right now? Most of us can't stop with one bird, I have 3 birds, my grey, a sun conure and a cockatiel, I purchased the grey and the conure but the tiel just dropped into my backyard last summer and I kept her after I failed to find her owner.

I love those shots where she is cuddling up to you, so precious and you better enjoy them while they last for they tend to be less cuddly as they get older.