NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What has your grey gotten into?

Barbara2

There are some things, situations, predicaments that these intelligent animals get themselves into that just make you shake your head.

We got home tonight from bowling. Egan was chirping so I got him out of the cage even though it was real close to bedtime. I put him on the playstand and I noticed this green, fuzzy thread. He had managed to get it wrapped around both feet, a few toes and it was connecting his feet (like someone tying your shoelaces together.) I had a HECK of a time untangling that mess! The more I tried to remove it, the more he moved around and made it worse. I didn't want to pull too hard because I didn't want to cut into his toes. At one point he flew away and I had to go grab him. I got it off the foot that was the least tangled and then finally got the whole thing off. We investigated that cage and found the source of the string. His boing is knotted at the top and has (had) a long fringe and he was tearing it up. The fringe got an extreme "haircut".

So what have your birds gotten into that left you saying, "Are you KIDDING me!!"?

Ana Grey is always into this or that. She has learned to get out of her cage, I just need to be more careful about latching the door!!!! She loves to open containers and steal pistachios. Although I use plastic twist top lids that doesn't help. Chewing into potato chip bags or other bags of goodies she loves is not sacred in this house. My beautiful plants are all a chewed up mess. All my parrots love green foliage! If my parrots aren't in a room minutes after I center another room, I go looking for them because that means they are up to no good. I am never lonely although I live alone because my parrots truly keep me on my toes and very busy!!!

Ana Grey is always into this or that. She has learned to get out of her cage, I just need to be more careful about latching the door!!!! She loves to open containers and steal pistachios. Although I use plastic twist top lids that doesn't help. Chewing into potato chip bags or other bags of goodies she loves is not sacred in this house. My beautiful plants are all a chewed up mess. All my parrots love green foliage! If my parrots aren't in a room minutes after I center another room, I go looking for them because that means they are up to no good. I am never lonely although I live alone because my parrots truly keep me on my toes and very busy!!!

Good exercise for you too! LOL!

Our fids are truely like two year olds !!! You can't let them out of your site in a room alone for 5 minutes.

Their nature of exploration, curiousness & energy will get them into trouble everytime !!!

I really enjoy just silently folowing Roscoe & watching how he reacts to something new. Although apprehensive, stretching out that little neck, touching w/ the tip of his beck to test, & sometimes walking a few feet away' he stops, turns around & goes back... The very next time he's out, he will go back to an object & start all over again. Usually, if he feels it's ok, he will say "hello" to it & then rub the top of his head on it as if to say, hey this is ok.. I love this little guy !!!

We have a glass canister set that we keep treats in. One has her seed balls, one has her nuts and one has a mex of treats and she can see them.

With Corky it`s like a shopping trip she will check them out and pick out the one she wants and she will get the lid off pick out what she wants.

If it`s not the canisters it`s the wook work. We live in a log cabin so you know what thats like. Nothing is safe and when starts an adventure nothing can stop her.

She is into everything and anything that she can get to.

Marcus is generally pretty good about keeping out of stuff that isn't his. But our Tybalt, the IRN, has decided that if any bananas are in sight, then they are his for the taking! If the boys are out in the main part of the house (out of the birdroom), I have to keep a mental tally: Marcus is on the Boing, there's Bunsen, there's Beaker... where's Tybalt?? 90% of the time he's perched on top of the microwave, where we've kept our banana bunches until recently. I've had to start hiding them because he would just start ripping into them, pretty as you please, and eat as much as he wanted while throwing little pieces of the peels everywhere!

LOL!!! I love the post about Tybalt getting into the bananas............... Roscoe doesn't go into the kitchen(i'm kinda glad) but if he did, he would be doing the same thing !! He's absolutely ape over them & if i'm eating one, he will come over and take it away from me. He thinks it's his & doesn't want to share. He pins & rubs his head on them while he's eating. He also covets-- lifts his wings slightly & stands over it to cover the banana.

My favorite antic was when I wasn't home. My husband and daughters were watching movies in the basement den with Java and suddenly noticed it was very quiet so they went looking for her. She had gotten in an open peanut butter jar that had been last used at the wet bar to fill the kongs for the dogs. They started searching and got more and more concerned. Then she popped her head up out of the jar. She had peanut butter from head to tail! The family kept mum about the adventure and the next day I kept smelling peanut butter and asked how she got it on her feathers and they fessed up. That was four years ago, and they still laugh about it when she tries to get the kongs away from the dogs.