NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Part II Crickets Journey, Out of cage time

Ray P

In about the third week Cricket was comming to the side of the cage that my stool was on every time I came into the room and would put her head down at the bars and let me scritch and rub her head.

She enjoyed it so much and was so gentle I thought it was time to open the cage door.

I opened the door and let her come out and she climbed to the play top on the cage and wen`t to the far corner from me and just looked at me and than came back over to me and put her head down for a scritch.

When it was time for to go back into her cage I would take my arm and guide her back to the door and back into the cage. I still had a fear she might bite and this went on for three or four days.

It was about 4 1/2 weeks or so that Cricket was with us and she was still very much over weight and could not fly.

One day cricket was out of her cage and I walked away form her cage to get something and I was about 20 feet away when I herd a flapping noise as Cricket tryed to fly over to me but she went down to the floor. (thank god for carpet)

I had never picked her up and my thought was I am in for the bite of my life and I bent over and said step up and she did. I was so happy but I thought that this was once in a life time and she would not do it again, but I took my other hand and said step up and she did it again.

Next our bond grows.