NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Happy Hatchday Kito!

Malikah

My how the time has flown, I can't believe you are 2 already! I thought you might be saying more than peek-a-boo and the occasional hello, whatcha doin, luv you, and your name by now but that's ok. I know you'll say more some day when you feel like it. Your whole flock loves all your whistled songs and silly noises.

Thank you for letting your tail and flight feathers grow back in. I can see how happy it makes you to be able to wing around the house again and avoid baths and bedtime for as long as possible. Please stop plucking your chest and under your wings though. You have a clean bill of health and it's just a bad bad habbit now. I have tried everything and there aren't any more hours in a day, toys that I can buy, nor dietary or environmental changes that I can make. I promise to try to quit fretting about it even though it breaks my heart to think I might be missing something that could make you happier or healthier.

I love you my sweet sweet girl, I hope you always stay that way, even if you decide you love someone else more than me some day. Like the Daddy who has started bribing you with almonds and flirting with you all the time. Or Neil who is the only one allowed to give you bananas because he is the only one you ever bit hard.

Love always,

Mommy

Hi Malikah! Happy Hatchday Kito! You have a great mommy there! Love the little update and so glad you are now flying again Kito!! I had an ekkie that was a plucker since I got him from a pet shop where he resided for 7 1/2 years. I gave him sterilized hemp seed, which it is said helps pluckers. He is doing great in his new home and his owner is still giving him the hemp seeds because Sully is no longer plucking his chest and back feathers. Perhaps hemp seeds will also help Kito. Check it out on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Janet, I'm almost afraid to say it "out loud," but it seems that Kito is plucking less. At first it got worse, but lately it seems she is doing better. I ended up getting hemp hearts at the organic store because she wasn't eating the seeds. These are smaller and stickier so I sprinkle them on her wet food so it's harder for her to avoid them. Thank you so much for the tip!