NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Non-stick cookware: "nano-ceramic" coating

Doug

While buying all new pots and pans (so I can get rid of the Teflon-lined cookware - my wife is starting to grumble about all the changes...) I picked up a different kind of no-stick pan.

The Aeternum line from Bialetti.

Their website says:

The interior features a new "nano-ceramic" coating which is a water-based coating made of titanium and suspended silicate micro-particles (the main component of glass); one of the purest and most ecological materials in nature. This material resists scratches, abrasions and offers a smooth, compact and uniform surface that makes it easier to clean. The white color provides a unique and extraordinary cooking experience.

I prefer to cook with stainless steel pots and pans anyway, but being able to find a parrot-friendly non-stick for my wife has helped a bit with the aforementioned grumbling...

hmmm don't know much about these. Having to rid my house of all teflon was a sad day, but I use stainless steel and have learned to get used to it, It is very unhealthy for US humans to ingest food cooked on teflon, your wife will thank you in the long run. :)

Oh goodness, be still my heart. My husband laments the disposal of our T-Fal collection and insists on using a battered old teflon electric skillet when my birds and I are traveling or when I am not looking. I am using stainless steel and love it but if I could get him couple of pans of his own to use, it might just be a marital compromise that we can use after thirty plus years. Thanks for the heads up on this one. I love the kitchen stores and can't wait to go looking for this product.

I've always used teflon pans. After reading up on care for my feathered friends I got some new pots and pans today. I went with cast iron and stainless steel. Even got pyrex and some ceramic bake dishes. Now just what to replace my beloved fry daddy and electric skillet with.

I did happen in on a strange looking skillet at a discount store and it said it was ceramic but it felt really light and I wondered how it would hold the heat. I will have to be giving this a try real soon. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will definitely go to Kroger before I go out for any other shopping and will let you know how it turns out. I also am starting two kids out on their own right about now and if I get them the ceramic pots and pans for housewarming and wedding presents, my birds and I can visit without any cooking worries. They all think they dislike my stainless steel, but I would guess what they really dislike is that they are hanging out on pot racks so I am fussy about shining them and making sure when they clean them, they do a good job. LOL. Again, this ceramic thing might just be the thing to make everyone happy. Do they need special utensils or do they chip?