NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello!

Mr. T

Figured I would say hello before I start having too much fun on here. So far this is the best bird forum I have come across,(mytoos is the worst forum ever! talk about a total downer) my girlfriend and out 7 year old Catalina macaw has made me fall in love with birds over the last few years and since then we have added a citron cockatoo (Cheezit) and a CAG (Winston) to our flock! We are very fortunate to have plenty of space considering we are in sunny southern california and have a 20'x12' covered out door aviary along with an indoor bird room for them all to stay in at night. I look forward to learning more about these amazing animals as times goes by and hopefully helping the community out whenever I can!

I actually just bought a new camera on sunday so it should be here before the end of the week! I willtry and take a picture of the whole family "together" it depends on our macaws mood, she has a tendency to get jealous haha. My citron and my gf's CAG are best friends though and love to spend time together chatting up a storm and preening one another.

Welcome to the grey forum and likke talon said we love pictures.

Oh and a lot of us here suffer from MBS.

HAH! I am glad im not alone... I actually started small and got a parakeet 3 years ago to see if I could live with a bird on a smaller scale and two and a half years later I am the proud owner of Cheezit the Citron. We have a very colorful flock so expect plenty of pictures in the up coming weeks! (catalina macaw, Citron too, CAG, blue Parakeet, yellow Canary)

Thanks! like I said before we are very fortunate to have the space we do so our birds can enjoy themselves outside on most days. The Aviary has three 48"x48"x84" stalls that makes it very convenient to have all 3 birds out at once plus its a great way to let them air dry in the sun after they shower.

this is the only pictures I have of the macaw (getting ready for a shower) more of the cag and too to come:

2025227470054973606S600x600Q85.jpg

2979564010054973606S600x600Q85.jpg

2403264000054973606S600x600Q85.jpg

• 4 months later...

I know I am totally bringing this thread back from the dead but I have been meaning to update it with some pics for you guys. Sorry for the crummy quality for some reason greyforums does not work at home for me so these are from my phone, Winston is our Congo and cheezit is the citron cockatoo. The first two are their pictures from the magazine Bird talk they were both in the annual issue this year! Also some cage top fun with walnuts and hanging in the aviary while I clean.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21470&d=1328133265

attachment.php?attachmentid=21471&d=1328133269

attachment.php?attachmentid=21474&d=1328133694

attachment.php?attachmentid=21473&d=1328133685

attachment.php?attachmentid=21472&d=1328133678

1120011329.jpg

1120011325.jpg

IMG_20111216_095052.jpg

IMG_20120114_125825.jpg

IMG_20111230_144911.jpg

Thanks! I was actually really surprised! we were asked when they were still babies (they still are lol) if they could use them for a photoshoot but we didnt know if they would actually be used. sure enough a few months later they gave us a call and said they were both in the next issue.

thanks, I have a ton of pictures on my camera but for some reason I cannot get the site to load from my home computer. I will try again tonight and upload some high quality pictures none of this cell phone jargon. I have been having a blast with our grey as of late since I began clicker training with him.

I know I am totally bringing this thread back from the dead but I have been meaning to update it with some pics for you guys. Sorry for the crummy quality for some reason greyforums does not work at home for me so these are from my phone, Winston is our Congo and cheezit is the citron cockatoo. The first two are their pictures from the magazine Bird talk they were both in the annual issue this year! Also some cage top fun with walnuts and hanging in the aviary while I clean.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21470&d=1328133265

attachment.php?attachmentid=21471&d=1328133269

attachment.php?attachmentid=21474&d=1328133694

attachment.php?attachmentid=21473&d=1328133685

attachment.php?attachmentid=21472&d=1328133678

This area is for Welcome and Introduction threads/posts. In the future, please use and post photos in the other appropiate areas/rooms such as Photography Room or wherever it applies.

Thank you.