NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Favorite magazine?

Doug

Bird Talk! I freaking love this magazine, and it was the best thing I ever did to get it every month!

The only thing I dislike is how objective they are about certain parrot foods, and I think they need to be pickier with their ad's, but otherwise i've gotten some major advice from it.

Not to mention there are always funny stories about AG's at the start of every magazine.

BirdTalk was a magazine I subscribed to for a few years. I stopped simply due to issues I had with some articles written specifically on greys that I totally disagreed with the author POV. But, thats just me. :)

I really got to where I just looked at the nice centerfolds. :P

Edited by danmcq

There's a magazine called BIRD TIMES. It's much better than BIRDTALK. Birdtalk is 75% ads. They put in the ads whether they're good or not. They don't deal with larger birds very much.

BIRD TIMES is more expensive but their material is much more realistic and helps people with specific situations and teaches basic understanding. Unfortunately, 1 yearly subscription has 8 magazines per year but 1 of their magazines is worth 4 BirdTalk magazines.

I subscribed to Bird Talk for a year, but didn't renew. Oboe loved looking at the pictures, though. I don't think dogs and cats can "see" 2D pictures in 3D, but I'm pretty sure birds can. Oboe would actually regurgitate for the lovebird pictures.

I continue to subscribe to Bird Talk because I like to see the pictures plus they have listings of bird fairs, seminars and conventions around the USA but I have to agree that I do not much care for some of the content of the articles and like a lot of other magazines they are full of ads. Thanks Dave for mentioning Bird Times, I will certainly check it out.