NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I did it! I adopted the Timneh!

My friend Michelle and I went to meet him at the rescue person's house. She brought him in and he lifted his foot for me to step up right away. He went from me to her to my friend Michelle. He seems very outgoing and friendly. I brought him some sunflower seeds and he ate a couple. We hung out for quite a while talking and playing with him. I felt very comfortable with him. He is not big, not much bigger than Merlin (my recently deceased WFA). She gave me a cage for him and I am "fostering to adopt" him which means I can just foster him or let her know at any time I want to keep him permanently. He is an adorable bird. He rode home in a crate. We came home and ate lunch, got the cage all set up and in the house and then took him out. Michelle and I held him for a while and he hung out on her leg while we watched TV for a while. I took him to the cage and he was a little weirded out. I set him on a rope perch that is on the door so it can kind of go out and then fed him some apple pieces. Then, I got a kabob and put some grapes, greens, plum and apple on it and then hung it in the cage, and then I closed the door with him on the door perch. Almost immediately he started eating the fruit. He climbed over and started playing with one of the toys. He got some water, he cleaned his beak. He is doing really well. Right now I am just letting him hang out and settle in. I really did feel a connection with him. I feel comfortable with him. His name is Timmie, but I am changing it. Names on the table right now are Salem, Lancelot, Pavlov and Lennon. I am sure more will come up before I decide:) Here he is:

330177_2425493839748_1323590515_32838312_720437150_o.jpg

317258_2270788685917_1134617830_2669587_2055294798_n.jpg

I am totally delighted for you and your new grey! He is gorgeous! How old did you say he was? Just take things nice and slow and let your new grey be the leader. Be sparse with the fruit as it will make his droppings running and really doesn't have much else going for it. Pieces of veggies, carrots, green beans and such much better. I am, looking forward to hearing more. This Room, the Welcome Room is basically for first posts and general information. Check out the other rooms for the appropriate place to post additional threads. I am looking forward to hearing more about your new grey and his new name. Once you get to know him, the right name will show itself! Enjoy your new friend, the fun has just begun!

I am totally delighted for you and your new grey! He is gorgeous! How old did you say he was? Just take things nice and slow and let your new grey be the leader. Be sparse with the fruit as it will make his droppings running and really doesn't have much else going for it. Pieces of veggies, carrots, green beans and such much better. I am, looking forward to hearing more. This Room, the Welcome Room is basically for first posts and general information. Check out the other rooms for the appropriate place to post additional threads. I am looking forward to hearing more about your new grey and his new name. Once you get to know him, the right name will show itself! Enjoy your new friend, the fun has just begun!

Thanks! Yes, he is doing really well. The fruit is being used as a reinforcer at this point to help him be more comfortable in the cage and the new room. I was happy to see he also started to eat some pellets and a nutriberry. Where should I have posted this? Is there a more appropriate place? i thought since he just got here it should be in the welcome area. Sorry.

He is beautiful! So friendly, just like my timneh was when I got her. I am so excited and happy for you! Please feel free to post anywhere, your bird really isn't a baby, so please post more in the grey lounge, more members will see it. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more!

He is beautiful! So friendly, just like my timneh was when I got her. I am so excited and happy for you! Please feel free to post anywhere, your bird really isn't a baby, so please post more in the grey lounge, more members will see it. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more!

Thanks. I am very excited. He is so much smaller than I expected. I feel comfortable with him. She showed me her two CAGs and they were so much bigger than him! No, not a baby, he is 4 years old.

No problem. If your grey is under a year old, you should post in the Nursery. After that, any general info or updates in the Grey Lounge. Illnesses or health questions in the Health Room. If you click on "Forum" it will take you into where the rooms are and their general descriptions.

Okay, thanks!

I knew you would fall in love! (I just love happy endings!!)

Yes, I was pretty smitten with him:) Such a sweet and nice little guy.

Oh wow! He really came into your lives with panache! He'll have you trained in no time. He is just gorgeous, his feathers are beautiful and his acceptance and attitude are delightful. Congratulations on starting your grey family.

Edited by katana600
typo

Congrats on your new found friend !!! He looks & acts like a perfect little gentleman...

My rehome came w/ ALOT of bad baggage & it's taken me almost 2 yrs. for him to show me what he needs... I am with Roscoe 24/7 and everyday we love each other more !!!

Best wishes for a speedy adaption to his new surroundings. Please let us know how he's doing & more pics, please !!! It warms my heart to know that another grey has found a new forever home !!