NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

First bird supply internet order

birdhouse

I finally had to admit that the local distributor for my TOP pellets is an utter disaster. I guess I'm forced to buy on the internet, which just isn't my favorite thing. To me, internet shopping is a little like Halloween. Never know if it's going to be a trick or treat.

After I did some checking around, I put an order in with My Safe Bird Store & crossed my fingers. There seemed like a lot of good prices for some interesting things. So, I just took my chances & ordered food & supplies & since it's been quite a while since I splurged on the fids, threw on about $50 extra for toys.

To borrow Phenix' favorite expression, "Wow!!"

I ordered Saturday night, Labor Day weekend & it arrived Thursday. Everything came in a big box w/individual plastic bags, tied w/pink ribbons & nestled in pink tissue paper. That seemed just a little, well, wrong somehow when it came to the bottle of Poop Off. lol But really very nicely packaged.

No problem getting toys I didn't hand pick. Every single thing looked exactly as advertised or better (the big wood bead ladder is about 6" longer than my arm). Can't believe the value of what I got for the price or the variety. I'm very pleased & surprised at how much I enjoyed unpacking that box!

So I'm really happy ordering w/My Safe Bird Store turned out to be Xmas not Halloween. Although I'm not sure where I'm going to put all this stuff!! It was just so much fun I wanted to share.

toys (2).jpg

Edited by birdhouse

Great fun in a box!!!

:) Absolutely. Very pleased w/the bang for the buck, here. Although so far, I'm the only one who's actually having fun.

There's a lot of reasons why I started making toys. But one reason is that my fids just aren't that interested in most of what's out there. I found a number of things here that my guys should really like ...once everyone stops looking at all the new stuff sideways.:eek:

btw those hangers in the middle look pretty fun. They're good sized & have all different kinds of things on them that really should hold their attention.

Then there's that ridiculously huge ladder. When it comes down to it, Phenix just likes his simple wood toys sometimes. Well that ought to hold him for a while & I think $10 for that beastie was pretty ok, too.

Thanks, Barbara. That's good to hear. Kimkim said the same thing. I've got a couple of great stores near me. But the distributor for the TOP pellets has been pretty awful. It will be very nice not having to worry about that any more.

OOPS, we have our first winner!!! Kura's happily destructing a rattan ball. Half of it is in pieces all over the floor. The other half just hit the floor in front of the dog (of course). I'd better go fetch it before anyone else does.

Edited by birdhouse

I finally had to admit that the local distributor for my TOP pellets is an utter disaster. I guess I'm forced to buy on the internet, which just isn't my favorite thing. To me, internet shopping is a little like Halloween. Never know if it's going to be a trick or treat.

After I did some checking around, I put an order in with My Safe Bird Store & crossed my fingers. There seemed like a lot of good prices for some interesting things. So, I just took my chances & ordered food & supplies & since it's been quite a while since I splurged on the fids, threw on about $50 extra for toys.

To borrow Phenix' favorite expression, "Wow!!"

I ordered Saturday night, Labor Day weekend & it arrived Thursday. Everything came in a big box w/individual plastic bags, tied w/pink ribbons & nestled in pink tissue paper. That seemed just a little, well, wrong somehow when it came to the bottle of Poop Off. lol But really very nicely packaged.

No problem getting toys I didn't hand pick. Every single thing looked exactly as advertised or better (the big wood bead ladder is about 6" longer than my arm). Can't believe the value of what I got for the price or the variety. I'm very pleased & surprised at how much I enjoyed unpacking that box!

So I'm really happy ordering w/My Safe Bird Store turned out to be Xmas not Halloween. Although I'm not sure where I'm going to put all this stuff!! It was just so much fun I wanted to share.

I love my Safe Bird Store. Kathie, the owner is AWESOME!! Last week I emailed her to see if she had the large Bird Kabob Ole's that my Meyers loves (they weren't on the website) and within like 10 minute she emailed and said, "I will get them for you, is Friday okay?". Her orders come fast and everything is wrapped individually when it comes. I always order my Goldenfeast there and toys and stuff. I have ordered from a lot of the online bird places, most of the vendors are on another parrot forum I am on and I like several of them, but I really like my Safe Bird Store because she ships so fast, replies so fast and always seems to have what I order:)