NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

First post as moderator in the amazon room

Ray P

I have given a lot of thought about my first post as a moderator and if it wasen`t for Cricket I would not be here as moderator in the amazon room.

When Cricket came to us we were given very little hope that she would never be more than a caged parrot with a bad temperment. Boy were they wrong.

I started out with a fear of zons and now it`s a love of zons and it`s all because of Cricket.

I started out with a closed mind about amazons, now it`s a open mind and it`s because of Cricket.

In order to love a zon you have to understand a zon.

We need to share what having a zon is all about so other parrot people can take anouther look at what a zon is and is not.

Keep an open mind and an open heart and the zonners here will tell you what it`s all about.

I love my grey and I love my zon.

It was Cricket that went from nasty to nice in a heart beat and I would like to share that with the members of the amazon room and all the members of the grey forum.

Thank you Penny for giving me that chance.

Ray

003.jpg

217.jpg

004.jpg

371.jpg

541.jpg

What a phenomenal first post! I couldn't agree more with you. There is nothing like a zon, and until you own one, you just can't fully understand the magnitude of such a creature.....in my opinion, they far outweigh a grey, although I wouldn't give my 2 greys up for anything!

I don't have an amazon but what you have done with Cricket is amazing, sometimes it just takes the right person to bring out the best in an otherwise impossible situation, whoever said she would be nasty and remain a caged bird had never met Ray for now she is a real sweetheart, I look forward to hearing lots more about her and her antics with pictures of course.

I have given a lot of thought about my first post as a moderator and if it wasen`t for Cricket I would not be here as moderator in the amazon room.

When Cricket came to us we were given very little hope that she would never be more than a caged parrot with a bad temperment. Boy were they wrong.

I started out with a fear of zons and now it`s a love of zons and it`s all because of Cricket.

I started out with a closed mind about amazons, now it`s a open mind and it`s because of Cricket.

In order to love a zon you have to understand a zon.

We need to share what having a zon is all about so other parrot people can take anouther look at what a zon is and is not.

Keep an open mind and an open heart and the zonners here will tell you what it`s all about.

I love my grey and I love my zon.

It was Cricket that went from nasty to nice in a heart beat and I would like to share that with the members of the amazon room and all the members of the grey forum.

Thank you Penny for giving me that chance.

Ray

I think that the environment and care a parrot is given can really effect their behavior and how they interact with their people. Cricket is lucky to have you:) A couple of years ago I would never ever have imagined having an Amazon. In passing, I mentioned to a rescuer I know that if they ever came across a White Capped Pionus, I might be interested. She said, I don't have a Pionus but I have spectacled amazon and he has a white head. I told her no way, I could never live with an Amazon, I had heard so many horror stories. She said he was a little Zon, and older, and handicapped and invited me to meet him, so I did. I fell in love with Merlin and adopted him within days of bringing him home to "foster". He was an amazing guy, I just adored him. He was older and had a lot of health problems from neglect and poor diet, but I had him for almost 2 years and sadly lost him just over a month ago. I am so glad I gave him a chance like you did your Cricket. They are so amazing and I think that their body language is so easy to read.