NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CAG and his toys...

Ajax4289

My Ajax is now 17weeks. He has NO interest in his toys in his cage. I have various toys and have even changed them out a few times thinking maybe he just didn't like some of them.

Now I work from home most days so when I am home(and not sleeping) Ajax is out of the cage on his perch or on my shoulder. Why doesn't he like toys? Someone once told me african greys either love toys or not or only like certain toys.

It takes awhile for them to get interested. Sometimes, you have to show them how to play, like rolling a ball around on the floor and such. Usually, they don't begin to show a lot of interest in playing with toys until they're as old as 6 months or more, I've read. Just keep offering, eventually, you'll find the perfect one! lol

Maybe you haven't introduced the type of toys he will love to play with and some birds need to be shown how to play with their toys, keep trying different types of toys to see what may interest him but bells seem to be a hit with greys, my grey has a heavy duty bell she loves to slap around and play fight with.