NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

pics of our baby CAG (29 AUg 2011)

carlsjr

When was Luna's hatch date? I have a baby here at home I think she may be a bit older however I still have her on two feedings a day. I am just curious. Luna is adorable by the way!

she is 435 grams and almost ready to fly, according to my breeder she is flapping her wings a lot

Luna is about the same size as my Kito! She fledged between 11 and 12 weeks too. She pretty much weaned herself during fledging, but after she was confident she regressed a little and I fed her formula at night for a couple of weeks. IMHO it would be a good idea to have the breeder show you how to feed formula even though Luna will be weaned when you get her. A formula feeding once every week or two or three (as time goes by) keeps them accustomed to it in case your bird ever gets sick and you need to medicate them. I sure am thankful that I did that!

Best wishes, I can't wait to see the pics of her in her new home. :)

It's so weird because my breeder still handfeeds even after the baby fledges. They continue with the handfeedings. The birds don't usually take as much and many times they will even spit up a little however they continue the handfeedings past this time. I am just wondering what others usually do and what is the usual age that they stop handfeeding.

My Tag's breeder handfed her babies until they refused formula. My CAG was eating on his own but the breeder was still handfeeding at night. She sent me home with formula and I fed it to my CAG for a week when he then refused it. My TAG 4 1/2 months old when I brought her home. My CAG was 5 months old.

Luna is about the same size as my Kito! She fledged between 11 and 12 weeks too. She pretty much weaned herself during fledging, but after she was confident she regressed a little and I fed her formula at night for a couple of weeks. IMHO it would be a good idea to have the breeder show you how to feed formula even though Luna will be weaned when you get her. A formula feeding once every week or two or three (as time goes by) keeps them accustomed to it in case your bird ever gets sick and you need to medicate them. I sure am thankful that I did that!

Best wishes, I can't wait to see the pics of her in her new home. :)

ive thought about the formula feeding after i get her and ive pretty much decided that if she shows behavior that she wants it, ill give it to her. Adult birds do feed their young even after they fledged so based on that i will do the same. I really do not see any harm and in my opinion it could prevent other issues. my uncle used to say after eating a big thanksgiving meal "yup, im all fat dumb and happy now" lol