NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What brand of food do you feed your grey???

LAURIT

^^^ Health benefits of RPO are pretty easy because palm nut is a lot of a Grey's natural diet. I tried recently to get some feed back from the forum about comparing oils, but mostly heard from the RPO fans. http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?193769-Red-Palm-v-Coconut-v-Hemp-oil

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept that statement. While it might be a big factor in their natural diet, it doesn't necessarily imply that it is healthy. After all, McDonalds is a big part of many Americans' diet...

I use Kaytee, but it is blended daily with a pinch of pine nuts, pinch of walnuts or pecans and 1 crushed La Fabers seed ball. I have two greys - they also get a daily dose of fresh veggies (carrot sticks, pea pods), fruit (bit of banana, two or three raisins, apple bits), and meat. (white meat of the chicken - small amounts a couple times a week) They are also extremely fond of whole grains and share oatmeal with me frequently. They are not interested in chile pods at all and cannot abide pumpkin seeds.

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept that statement. While it might be a big factor in their natural diet, it doesn't necessarily imply that it is healthy. After all, McDonalds is a big part of many Americans' diet...

:) Are you really going to make me say that a wild parrot has more sense than the average American consumer?? Really??

Humans weren't designed to eat McDonald's nonstop--haha, I think it's safe to say they weren't designed to eat it at all! There are protein/carbohydrate/fat sources much more easily digested by the human body and which offer myriad intact other nutrients, enzymes, and cofactors that McDonald's food could only dream of possessing. So if Greys have naturally been eating the same source(s) of nourishment for thousands of years without human intervention/guidance and flourishing on it, then it's probably very good for them. :)

ok everyone decided they didn't like Zupreme so that was a waste of money I ended up giving almost all of it away to a friend of mine that has parrots , so now they are all eating Roudybush medium and small size and I just started Cody and Rocky on Harrisons Lifetime Pepper , they really seem to like that mix of pellets also everyone gets Higgins Celestrial Blend I add to their pellets every few days , not every day because then they wouldn't eat their pellets so every 2or 3 days they get it

I never knew birds were so picky

they also get fresh fruits and veggies and cooked veggies , I add 1 Tablespoon of Red Palm to all my cooked bird food so all my birdies get Red Palm Oil and they must like because they always gobble up their dinner every night :)

of coarse Opey my quaker will tell you when it's dinner time , like clock work every evening at 5:30 pm Opey will start with EAT DINNER and he will say TIME FOR DINNER over and over untill he gets his dinner