NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Wesley The Owl

Elvenking

Okay...I am not sure if I am just late to the game or what...this has probably been noted somewhere....but this is the most touching thing ever. The relationship this woman has with this Owl...ohh my...I get it.

Edited by Elvenking

I have not read the book....but I hear it is just about the most touching story.

http://www.amazon.com/Wesley-Owl-Remarkable-Love-Story/dp/1416551735

Someone at work recommended this...as I go on about my love for my bird a lot at work as well and people know I am wrapped around my baby Isaac. I heard that the lady got really sick, and when she was laying in bed...the owl would fly down to her and spread his wings over her chest. That is when I was like, "ohh my...stop...I can't take it"

great story I grew up in the cherokee nation and we had several wild pets once had a Horned owl and even a bobcat for a short time. We never kept them for life just held them during healing process then returned to the wild. thnx for posting this I love the kindness that others show to wild life.

Someone gave me the book for Christmas when I was just getting started with my grey journey. It was a great book, but it made me really really really appreciate that our greys are not predators. All of us devoted to our birds do "get it". Thanks for the reminder Steven.

I just wishlisted the book on Amazon. Recently I kind of burned out on animal books after making an attempt to read Homer's Odyssey. I have several more cat books and got through most of Marley and Me before I got distracted. I need to buckle down and start reading for pleasure again when I'm not doing school work. This seems like it might be a very worthwhile book.

Any other bird memoirs you'd suggest?

P.S. Falconry fascinates me. Birds of prey are amazing, but then I've always been naturally drawn toward predators. I feed my sugar gliders live prey (all insects) and have fed picky eating snakes live as well. The bond between these animals and their handlers (I'm not sure that you can ever truly own an animal that is at its heart wild) is amazing to me!