NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Egan Update

Barbara2

Awwww, he is growing so fast!! Such a cutie & looks like he is accepting the harness pretty good. The first picture looks like he is beginning to "beak" stuff, I remember when Biscotti started doing that. Keep the pictures coming!! He will be home with you before you know it :)

Awwww, he is growing so fast!! Such a cutie & looks like he is accepting the harness pretty good. The first picture looks like he is beginning to "beak" stuff, I remember when Biscotti started doing that. Keep the pictures coming!! He will be home with you before you know it :)

Yes. He was chewing on the buttons of my shirt. I wear a "special" shirt that I don't wear anyplace else. He can chew it up all he wants.

Barbara that Egan is so adorable in those pics you shared with us, I bet you just want to cuddle him close when you visit and you betcha he is loving you already, bet you can't wait until you have him home with you, thanks for sharing your little sweetheart with us.

Barbara Egan looks just great and I bet you are counting the days till he cones home. Just love your pictures.

It isn't too bad at this point. Right now I just have to wait in one week increments. I think it's a lot tougher for those who don't have the opportunity to visit regularly.

Good that you wear your "special" shirt. I have a rehomed 11 year old & the 1st month i had him i wore a flannel hoodie everytime i sat by his cage or handled him. The very first cuddle w/ him he tucked his little head into my chest against the hoodie. Since then it's his "blankie" that he chews the drawstring, zipper, crawls under on the floor & does kiss sounds (so cute) !!!

Also, Egan's little tail bud is turning into beautiful feathers & getting sooo long !! What a big boy !!

We've had a little bit of adjustment anxiety tonight. I have a boing in the cage and he climbed to the top but then acted as if he didn't know how to get back down. Twice I physically took him down so he could get food and water. So I decided I should take it out for the night. I put him back in the cage for bed and he was VERY antsy. I brought him out with me and cuddled for awhile and he was acting sleepy. I put the boing back in the cage, he climbed to the top and now he's sleeping. He still needs some time to learn how to get around in his cage.

Oh, I did break down and give him a little formula for a snack as well. It seemed to help calm him.

I just want to say that the boing is a FANTASTIC purchase! I got one that has two acrylic rings with toys hanging from them. They are meant to go at either end but little Egan does his own rearranging. I also purchased one of those "chime" bells and hung it at the top. He absolutely LOVES that thing! It was to the point of worrying me yesterday because he gets to the top and seems like he can't figure out how to get down. I took it out of the cage for the night and that was a BAD idea. He was not happy and just kept scratching at the bottom of the cage in the corner. So I put it back in. I was watching him on it today and think I know why birds like it so much. It has some give (bounces) and sways a bit like a real branch might in a breeze. Anyway, it was the best $15 I spent on accessories.

I love this picture! This is Egan with my 3 year old granddaughter. Some of you may have been around to hear about her in another thread. She was born 12 weeks early and weighed in at 2 lbs. 7 oz. She lives with two border collies and a sheltie who all do agility so she has grown up at dog shows and is an animal lover to the nth degree! She is so gentle and understanding for being so young. Anyway, she will take care of Egan if I die before him. I just had to share this moment with all of you.

EganLana.jpg

Barbara you granddaughter is just lovely. We are both very blessed to have grandchildren that were born 3 months premature and all is well with them. My grandson turned 2 years old in the later part of June. Egan is a very handsome little grey and I am looking forward to watching him grow. Love those TAGs!!!

Barbara you granddaughter is just lovely. We are both very blessed to have grandchildren that were born 3 months premature and all is well with them. My grandson turned 2 years old in the later part of June. Egan is a very handsome little grey and I am looking forward to watching him grow. Love those TAGs!!!

I remember seeing that about your grandson. We have that and TAGs in common. Kindred spirits!

Egan has been home for exactly one week as of today. He is now 13 1/2 weeks old. Today he took his first bath! It caught me totally off guard. He started bathing in this little water bowl on his playstand. So I went and got a spray bottle and soaked his back. He spread his wings out and seemed like he loved it! I'm so glad. It's much easier with a grey that likes the water. The picture is poor but it was the best one I had.

bath1.jpg