NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

POLL: Who clips or doesn't clip their birds wings?

kingsnake

Do you clip your birds wings?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you clip your birds wings?

• Yes!
    • No!

I vote yes for us personally, because I think our house is pretty much impossible to bird-proof, lol. There are the lamps, wires, TV that Jimbob could get behind, and...yeeeah. I think y'all would understand if you just saw it ;) If we lived in a bigger, more spacious home, with just a couple hazards that we could watch, I would definitely let him fly!!! :) Also, I agree with luvparrots about how it's a personal choice :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that Kazoo (the Amazon) and Simon (the Grey) don't actually fly all that much, even though they're flighted. They might travel from one boing to another, or from a boing to me, but their total flying time is less than a minute for every hour they're out of their cages. Oboe the Lovebird, on the other hand, probably flies 30 minutes out of every hour he's out. He can fly up to the second floor and down to the basement (though he usually doesn't, unless he's going to visit someone). He loves to fly and he's got mad flying skills. The bigger guys, they fly if they really want to go somewhere, but they don't fly recreationally.