NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Finally Made the Leap!

JeffNOK

I've been a member of this group about seven months, but do not yet own a grey. Well, today I put my deposit down on a CAG from a local breeder who also happens to be a vet. There are three birds available--just hatched! They will be DNA'd in a few weeks and I will get my pick. When I wrote my check and signed my name to the contract I felt like I finally belonged here. It will be Dec/Jan before I can bring my baby home, but I will be visiting and interacting with him/her all along the way. I will post pics and share info as I learn more. If it's a girl I will name her Gracie Bee. If it's a boy he will be named Miles--of course that could all change as I get to know the bird. I'm really stoked and chuffed about this next step in life's journey.:D

Congrats Jeff for making that decision to add a grey to your life, what took you so long and by the way you do not have to own a grey to be a member of greyforums, you just need to have a love for greys which you have shown you have. Your life will be forever changed when you bring that new baby home and it will be so enriched for the love you two will share for a long long time to come.

Judy--I think there is the "right" time for everything. I wanted to be sure I researched things thoroughly and knew in my heart that it was the right the decision to become a parront to a grey. I also wanted to find the right breeder. I know everyone is welcome here, and everyone made me feel a part even though I didn't have my fid yet. But now that I have made the step to fully commit to getting a bird, I just psychologically feel more like I belong here. Now I've got to start getting all my supplies. Cages, Pak-O Bird, play stands, toys, travel carriers, etc. My co-workers have jokingly said they will have a "Parrot Shower" for me like they do when people are expecting babies--lol.

I agree with Morana- a "parrot shower" would be awesome!! :) I know how excited you are, you are going to love watching your baby grow & it is wonderful that you can be a part of the early stages of it's development. The early visit's I had with Biscotti at his breeders are some of my favorite memories. Enjoy!

Hmmmm...Something to think about. I'll be bringing my grey home in December/Jan--so whether there is a "parrot shower" or not I know my Christmas list will be very parrot-focused. I haven't written Santa in a while--maybe I should send a note to the North Pole! I've been relatively good this year.

I agree that you should "joke" about all the diffrent things you might want and need. Its Christmas time and people might be a bit more giving and jolly, so you might be able to pull it off and get yourself some gifts! Dont forget to get us a lot of pictures when you can.

Well, you should write to Santa and e-mail it to every colleage on work and see how it goes;) Adress TO: Santa on the North Pole and CC: to your cooworkers:P If nothing else, it should be fun(ny);) Maybe you can even register in one of the pet shops, like newly-weds do, so your colleagues don't have to think what in the goods name will they choose/buy for you; instead they could simply choose from a list you already made for them;P

Jeff, my children (grown) say that our fid has more toys than they EVER had, and that her cage is bigger than their bedrooms were. Slight exaggeration, but still.... Enjoy your time of planning, buying stuff, and we look forward to hearing more as the time gets closer, then lots of pictures when you get your Grey!