NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why adopt a parrot

she

While I scream at my mom..another parrot wishes he had a mom.While I throw food on the floor..another parrot wishes it had food.While I cuddle with mom..another parrot wishes for the love of a human....While I scream at mom as she cleans my cage, another parrot wishes he had a clean cage.As I splash my water all over the place, another bird wishes it had clean water to drink.As I play with my toys a parrot wishes they had a toy.As I get Quaker hugs, another parrot wishes it had a mom to rub their face against.As I am let out to play another bird wishes they could come out.As I am taken to the vet for a check up another bird wishes they were healthy.As I got my parrots from a rescue, more rescue parrots wish for their forever home.As I get a loving scritch on my head, anther parrot wishes for loving, not cruel hands.As I take a bath another parrot wishes they were clean .As I won’t come in from the aviary another parrot wishes it had a big enough cage.As I get to go outside for fresh air play dates, some parrots just wish for clean air to breathe.As I have my nails and beak trimmed another bird wishes they could even perch but their nails are too long.As I sit on my perch another bird wishes for something besides cage bars to perch on.Please adopt a parrot from a rescue for that parrot would love the life that we lead.Composed by: Barb Chance Vagg, Fran Itzazu, Kim Batemn, Mary Ann Wise, Michelle Troup, Sheila Ambrose

• Haha 1

My Blue Front Amazon, Louie, is a re-homed parrot, and I am totally delighted to have him in his new forever home! One of the best things I have every done! I also re-homed a male eclectus which didn't mesh well with me but I was determined that he would have a loving forever home, now two years later, Sully has a new forever home with a young man who loves him unconditionally. So yes, Sheila we should all do what we can for our flighted friends. Great post!!!

• 1 month later...

I've had six months with my rag-tag little TAG Gilbert. He has his issues and baggage, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. There is just nothing like a hard earned snuggle or the show of trust from a wary little character with a very sharp beak and quick reaction time. I don't know if he was wishing from me to come into his life, but I know I needed him in mine.