NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The For What it is Worth Thread

Casey Luria

There are certain things that Parrots do which are funny and annoying too. I thought it would be fun to start something and everyone can tell their tale.

FIRST, PLEASE TELL ME WHY, NO MATTER WHAT THE PARROT IS SITTING ON OR WHERE THE NEWSPAPERS ARE PLACED THE BIRD ALWAYS MANAGES TO MISS AND GET THE POOP ON THE FLOOR?

I found that Spencer's poo is like my kitty with the sensitive stomach who, even after 12 years, still manages to come up with new and interesting places and ways to leave her 'presents' around the house. Spencer has now figured out how to project his morning bomb out of the cage. :) ahhh...

I guess I'm lucky, my parrots always hit just below where they sit. My grey usually leaves a present as soon as she gets out of her cage each morning. Straight down, I just have to have a newspaper under the open door. So far none of them have pooped on me, and for that, I am grateful!

Oh, we had a lot of pooping all around. Now it is much better. Zak will not poop on us and if we don't leave him sitting on the door, he'll poop on designated places, or even go to that place when he feels he must go. However,it is not advisable to watch a movie with Zak because if he is, like usually, having much fun (-cuddling+watching the movie) he won't want to go to the bird restroom and I'll get pooped:-S

Josey my grey has never pooped on me but Sunny and Gypsy have no qualms about doing it on me or anywhere else, Sunny especially loves doing it down my back so I have poop all over the back of my shirt. Josey is pretty predictable about getting ready to drop one and her movements tells me she needs to be elsewhere for the next second or so.

Another thing that Josey does after she has had her dinner is she picks up her bowl and dumps it or she just gives it a heave so it lands in the floor spilling the contents all around, this must give her much satisfaction for it is a nightly routine, I guess it is her signal she is finished her dinner but I could do without these antics of hers.

Come to think of it Quinn has not decorated me. A Conure I had years ago was so regular in the morning that I would just hold him over a waste basket and tell him to do it. It got so that he would do it on command or strain to try and please me. I raised that little guy, always regretted I had to leave him where he was hatched in Mexico. He talked better than most larger parrots..

Casey