NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Coulour Change Around the Eyes...

leannef

Hi leannef

I beleave what you see is a form of blushing. From what I have read is this is more common in macaws, but many other parrots do it also.

It can come from embarassment, stress, lovestruck. Many of the same things as a human when they blush.

Other members will chime in on this.

P..S. Welcome to the forum and tell us about your new friend like name age cag or tag and we love pictures.

Check in to the welcome and intro room.

Ray is right, it is called blushing and is adorable when it happens so nothing to worry about.

As has been suggested please make a thread in the welcome room and tell us more about your grey, how old, what is her name and other things about her and something about yourself if you like and do include pictures as they are always welcomed.

It happens to our Grey when she gets worked up from playing and sometimes when she sits in the sun. It's funny, too......when she plays her feet get incredibly warm. Usually they're fairly cool but they're like little microwaves when she gets excited, LoL........

Yesterday my Zak was running around (on the top of the table) like a part of playing with me and in one moment I look at him and I see he is all blushed and he has his beak opened how hot he was from all that running and jumping around. He was so hyper:-) Very funny..hihi