NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I just have to brag about my funny girl!

Shelly Yokum

After coming inside, after an exhausted day of being in this tetras heat. I wanted to just lay down on the couch and relax, perhaps catch a small nap before preparing dinner. Val was happy to see me and I gave her and the others some attention, and I said, Mommy has to relax for a bit. Val sounded as if she was bad mouthing me. A little like back talk. She wanted out to play. I said, Mommy will let you out in a little bit. Not wanting Austin and his friends to come home and scare her out the door again. Still just doing her little jabbers. I stretched out on the couch, and she was just jabbering away. I said you are a silly girl, with a little laughter in my voice. She did it again, this time much louder. I began to laugh at her, and she mimicked my laugh exactly. Before we were done, she had me in tears with us laugh with each and at each other. She was so silly. Then I told her I was going to take a nap before Austin came home. She turned her head as if you understood what I was saying. I closed my eyes thankful just to rest a bit. Then she let out a snoring sound. I guess, that is her way of telling me I snore, when I take a nap on the couch. God, I hope I don't sound as bad as she thinks I do. Then she had me laughing at her again. This time she didn't laugh. Needless to say I didn't get a nap and she got out of the cage. My little girl is something else. I just had to share this joy with my forum friends.

They find a way to communicate in our "foreign language". One of the Greys at the house has learned to burp loudly as my youngest son thinks it is funny. Now this grey Smokey Joe greets this son of ours with a loud burp so *I believe that is his name in Smokey Joe dialect. Loved your story it does sound like real time Grey.

I love the snoring stories! If I try to lie down on the couch and rest when Moussa is out with me, he'll hop next to my head and start regurgitating for me. So I have to put him in his cage or go in another room. I don't know if he thinks I'm getting romantic by lying down, or if he thinks I am dying, and he's trying to revive me. :)