NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Scentsy Warmers - Good, Bad?

Vumes

I attempted to use the Search function on the forum, but alas, it doesn't seem to work.

With that said, I know the potential problems with burning candles in a home with birds. Now my question is, does the same go for the Scentsy type stuff? They are wick-less, and smell because the pot warms the scent, so would it be toxic for our feathered friends.

Please excuse me if this has been covered somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it skimming page by page. Thanks.

The potential exists that any scent will bother fids, no matter the delivery method. I do use Bath & Bodyworks Wallflowers sometimes. I have a ton of allergies & their products rarely bother me. I always make sure that no one is sneezing or looking at all distressed whenever I put one out. And I don't put it anywhere near their cages. So far, I haven't seen any problems.

And yes, the forum search engine's been uncooperative for a while. Talon said she'd sic the tech guys on it last week. So, hopefully we'll be able to use it again, soon.

Edited by birdhouse

I am not sure about the safety of the scented warmers as birds have very sensitive respiratory systems and it seems to me that Dave commented on them before but maybe as long as you use them as Birdhouse has and not put them in the same room as the fids might be ok.

I would think that it doesn't matter how the smell gets into the air, its the smell/odor that is bad for our greys. If I want to use candles, I stick to beeswax candles, I understand they are safe for our fids. They are the type I have in case of an emergency power outage.