NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sunbath Anyone????

Luvparrots

The gang has been going outside in this marvelous sunshine about every third day lately. They all have their own techniques about how they like to enjoy the sun. Although Louie, the zon, still won't let me touch him, once he sees his travel cage come up to his cage door he readily goes in all on his own because he knows he will get to do his favorite thing. Go out in the sunshine!!! Check out the video!

th_001-48.jpg

Edited by luvparrots

That is beautiful! And you have inspired me. We are looking at a place in Florida for a family vacation next June. The place we are looking at is pet friendly so I'm thinking about taking Egan (who has yet to come home) but I need a travel cage. You inspired me to search and find. Thank you for that and a whole bunch of other stuff!

I must say I spent a long time fixing my balcony so I could bring Zak outside. I really worked like a horse just to finish everything and then the weather worsened:-( Today is the first sunny day so I guess Zak is going outside:-) I imagine he'll be a bit scared because it is his first time... Tnx for the picture:-)

Oh I wouldn't leave him alone Judy. We already had a few test rounds-watching the balcony from the door/window and perching right next to it while the doors were open. He'll be a bit scared but I'll be there so he'll hopefully settle down quick. We'll see..

I'm glad you are having the kind of summer that your fids can enjoy. We are going to hit 115 degrees today (actual temperature--not heat index). I'm afraid the fids in Okla will need to stay indoors, or they will end up looking like something one might order at KFC.

By the way, I noticed in your video that when Louie got too close to Anna Grey, she immediately went after him and put him in his place. She's a little firecracker isn't she?

Edited by JeffNOK

I wish we had warm sunshine. What we have is hell hot sunshine. Here in the DFW area we've had 31 days of 100deg or better in a row. The last few days have been around 110deg, not our typical DFW summer for sure. I can't even take ours outside because the heat even in the shade is overwhelming. The bad part is there is no end in sight. Ours loves it outside too so she'll just have to cool it indoors for a while.

So nice to see them enjoying themselves. Just a thought- Is it possible to move Louie's cage a couple of inches away from Ana Grey's cage. It looked as though Louie might be missing some toes pretty soon with the vigilant Ana Grey patrolling her domain.