NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New owner question.

kevirose

I've had my 10 month old CAG for a month now. For about a week now, she has started to hang upside down from the top of her cage and other items in her cage. Sometimes she seems to get scared that she can't right herself and makes this horrible screaming sound, often while hanging from one foot! For the first two or three times she did this

I quickly ran to her cage and helped her. Then I saw that as soon as

I placed her back onto her perch, she would put herself right back into the same scary situation again. I thought that maybe she was doing this as a ploy for me to give her attention, so I stopped coming to her rescue and saw that she would eventually figure out a way to climb down. Sometimes she'll repeat this four or five times in a row, hanging upside-down from one foot, screaming, and then righting herself.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if I'm maybe doing something wrong. I give my CAG at least two or three hours a day of close time with me, but obviously she would like more time out.

Just this morning while I was watching TV, I heard her making the screaming sound and stood up to see if she was hanging upside down.

To my surprise, she was just sitting on her perch! Our dog starts barking when she screams, so maybe the CAG is just having fun with us?

Thank you all for your helpful comments! I feel much better now. The screaming doesn't bother me, I just don't want her to fall. I also thought at first that she had her foot caught, but that wasn't the case. Again, thanks for your help!

Guest Miandruil

Cyndr does this too. He does it from the top of his cage and from toys when he is playing. I ignore the screaming or just say something like "so are we having a good time beating up our toys?" I think he's playing. He seems to be having a great time. He laughs after he does it. He usually does it when

I'm in the same room with him. I was scared the first couple times he did it and went running to him too. I thought he had his foot caught. But when he laughed I knew he was ok. Just having a great time.

Guest CreepingTerror2

Sounds like play to me. My CAG hangs upside down and yells "Whee, are you scared? It is scary" then laughs. My dogs howl when the U2 screams and the

CAG tells them to stop it and go lay down. Sounds like your bird has you pretty well trained :))))