NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting a grey sometime...

Guest Netty

Guest Netty

*click click*

How does that cage look :confused:

I want a fair size cage for daytime. Anyone have one of these, Pros/Cons???

My hubby likes that one and since he is buying the cage i generally want to give him what he wants that will be good for our baby, with AS MUCH SPACE as we can give him/her.

*click click*

How does that cage look :confused:

I want a fair size cage for daytime. Anyone have one of these, Pros/Cons???

My hubby likes that one and since he is buying the cage i generally want to give him what he wants that will be good for our baby, with AS MUCH SPACE as we can give him/her.

I had one similar to that and got rid of it for two reasons. One is because the grate and tray are removed from the back so I had to spin the cage everytime I cleaned it. The second is because it wouldn't fit out the door so I couldn't take it outside to hose it down for super cleaning. My replacement cage is still a good size but it will fit out the door.

Guest Netty

Hosing it off isn't an issue with us as I clean things pretty much daily and steam clean weekly.

The only thing I see being an issue with what you have said for us is the tray pulling out from the back (moving things around is a PITA...).

My wife likes to move things around and from time to time Corky will find herself in differant parts of the room.

With a corner cage there may be a limit as to where you can place it. It looks like a great cage and nice size.

It is a big roomy cage but having to pull it out and turn it around to remove the tray for cleaning would be a PITA as you stated and I have to agree with Ray about placement problems as a corner cage is best in a corner and that may not be what works at any given time, you can place a regular square or rectangle type cage most anywhere. My favorite type of cage is the split level that has a playtop on one side.

That is a very nice looking cage and if you have a space problem its great and, of course, if you don't mind moving it around to be cleaned that is. Personal preferences is what you need to think about. I thought about a cage like this because I have three parrots, but having to leave it in a corner only... stopped me. Good luck with your choice.

Guest Netty

My hubby wants the cage to be in the corner of the living room so thats why we were thinking corner cage (lots of space with minimal wall take-up, and he likes their design) I have only had rectangles and dome top rectangles. I think i can get over pulling it out from the wall to clean it as it is a "space-saver" kinda cage. I'll poke around a few other places and see if i can find some other ones (that wont be a PITA to clean lol its to bad they don't make corner cages with a front pull out >_>)

My play stands are always separate from the cage. and I make my own. (you should see the design for the grey play stand OHHH lordy is this bird gunna be spoiled LMAO!)

I make most, if not, all of my own toys as well i will post some stuff fin the DIY homemade toy place :)

My hubby wants the cage to be in the corner of the living room so thats why we were thinking corner cage (lots of space with minimal wall take-up, and he likes their design) I have only had rectangles and dome top rectangles. I think i can get over pulling it out from the wall to clean it as it is a "space-saver" kinda cage. I'll poke around a few other places and see if i can find some other ones (that wont be a PITA to clean lol its to bad they don't make corner cages with a front pull out >_>)

My play stands are always separate from the cage. and I make my own. (you should see the design for the grey play stand OHHH lordy is this bird gunna be spoiled LMAO!)

I make most, if not, all of my own toys as well i will post some stuff fin the DIY homemade toy place :)

Yours may not have the tray in the back. I found this one that looks like the one you selected. It looks like it has two pull out trays in the front:

http://www.windycityparrot.com/zoomify.asp?catalogid=869&img=assets/images/products/graphics/00000001/AE_C4242.jpg

Guest Netty
:o that is it!! it does open in the front!! its by HQ: Parrot Corner Cage Large HQ 14022... i couldn't find a bigger picture of it thanks for that! :D

• 2 months later...

Netty, I know this is an older thread, but did you get that corner cage? I ask because I was recently asked if I wanted to purchase that same HQ corner cage for a very low price, and I am debating on getting it. If you did get it, how do you like it? Thanks.

Very nice! Thanks for the pics. We actually drove 150 miles each way to get this yesterday. We got a REALLY good deal on it. We only paid $200 for it (plus the $65 in gas). We put it together and it truly is huge. I'm glad we decided to get it though. Thank you for your input, and thank you for posting the pics. This is truly a great cage.

I noticed you have another cage in the background. Do you have another bird? Our other cage is similar to your other cage, but we have 2 Greys. Maybe we need another corner cage. lol