NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for SMALL tabletop Perch

Guest Monique

Has anyone seen any small tabletop perches around? I saw one some time ago ... when I was BROKE .. of course :P .. but now I want to buy one and I don't remember where it was!! What I mean by small is it had different diameter perches you could buy and they were just maybe 8" wide and then sat on two acrylic triangles. Sort of like a dumbbell (hey there's an idea :) ). There was no tray you'd have to put a piece of paper under them. But it would be perfect for me when moving around the house and wanting to keep the birdies by me without lugging around gigantic stands. I don't let my birds on my shoulder. Too many times they go berzerk and bite someone after years of not. And I also don't like a bunch of poop on my shirt :).

Hi Monique,

Yes, I have seen them at Petsmart and some other petstores, also online at several locations.

I noticed my Vet uses one for his digital scale. Each Triangle edge has a different diameter perch on his model. I have seen both types in petstores and online.

I also saw them today at petco and various other pet stores. alot of online pet stores do free shipping on orders over so much!

Also, another thought...my wife and i got one at a bird show that was handmade and pretty cheap. Maybe see if there is one coming up in your area!

How do you have the rope attached to the PVC pipe? That doesn't look like it would be too hard to make ?? Does anyone have a web address? Maybe I am just overlooking them but I haven't seen them when I've looked online (now that I am actually looking for them). The local Petco here has very little for large birds any more. They now only cater to the little guys.

Very nice stand Mark, and you got a bargain for $25, most online places want a lot more for similar ones. Really not much to them, its just getting the proper wood and putting it together, but with our busy lives sometimes it is just as well to pay for someone else to make and then buy.

Thanks for sharing these photos with us to give us an idea of what we could make for our greys.

Just another thought...I use a basket for Finni...its a basket like you get at a craft store...plain, no staining, just the wood like in craft wreaths. I wrap the handle in rope so he can't chew that...but he can climb up and down the handle and chew the basket itself if he wants too. I tie some toys to the handle and line it with newspaper and have foot toys inside it that he can climb down and get and bring back to the top. He does alot of somersaults on the handle as well! Its cheap, its chewable (which keeps him busy as well as the toys), the newspaper can be easily replaced, and I can carry him from room to room. It's just another idea...maybe until your table top play area comes in.

hi!!

All super great ideas...thanks. I have a eucaliptus (sp) tree in my back yard. I saw a branch off...and trim is smoothly...then drill a hole in the bottom. I get a square of plywood...and add that with a screw for a platform. I have made several in all different sizes...and they work for me.

zooky