NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Plastic chain perch

Hi everyone. I wanted to post this cause my bird loves them so much. All it is is yellow plastic chain you can buy by the foot at home Depot/ Lowes. I have it in all my birds cages and playstands and they love it! You can cut it to any length and string it anyway you like. I strand some from one end to the other in the cage as a perch and then hang 2 or three different lengths from the toy hook on their playstands and they absolutely love them! They are so cheap and easy and birds love them.

IMAG0258.jpg

I already have some of that chain in Josey's cage but I may have to fashion a perch out of it for she has a boing in the middle of her cage that I recently replaced as she chewed on the old one and is chewing on the new one also so it is destined for the trash, no more boings for her. She used to leave it alone and had the old one in her cage for years but now she has found it something to tear up and those chains would work nicely to hang by several of those hooks.

I use either stainless steel links with the screw like most store bought toys come with or if I want to make it tight for a perch I will use heavy duty plastic zip/ cable ties and cut the chain a tad short and tighten cable ties until tight on each end.