NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I think she might be spoiled!

Shelly Yokum

I haven't posted in a while, so here is an update.

Val is the sweetest little thing ever. She whistles to me every morning once I am in her sight. I whistle back and tell her god morning. She blows me kisses all day long. When it comes to eating, she will wolf her pellets and seeds, but her veggies well, she won't touch them. She is now in the living room, and not in the bird room. Her home is right beside the couch so I am always cleaning off the arm of the couch, but thats ok. I often sit on the couch beside her to watch tv while I eat. I can have a plate full of veggies, and she will come to the side of the cage and beg for a bite. If she is out, she will find her way to the middle of my plate and help herself. So I have to pretend to eat her food, and just share with her so she will get her veggies. She loves to fly around the house, then cries for me to come get her. She also has a very powerful little beak, she don't mind using it when we get close to her cage if she isn't ready to go in.

She is also trying to say a few words. I hear her mumble I love you and step up very often. She hasn't thrown it out there just yet, but I am sure its on its way.

When my son gets near her cage she will scream as if someone is killing her until he backs up. He wants to pet her so bad, but she is having no part of that.

I am so glad she stayed close to home when she took her adventure, I didn't want to miss another minute of her and the joy she has brought to this home. We love her very much.