NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Consulting w/ an Avian Behaviorist

CeeCeeNY

I am considering doing a phone consult w/ someone who has studied parrots (primarily Greys) for quite a long time... for a by-the-hour fee she will go over any and all topics. I was wondering has anyone done this and found it helpful or I am just CUCKOO!

hi

Is there a problem that you are facing with your grey that you want to consult about? On this forum there are many expert members, so I suggest you get their feedback if there is an issue with your greys behavior. In this case many members can share their ideas and benefit from the others as well. :)

I have never called anyone who is paid by the hour to give advice... You should be able to find answers to most of your questions here on this forum, by googling or just talking to any parrot owner. People have different opinions on a certain topics, so I wouldn't just listen to one person who studies parrots.

Totally agree with KimKim. This forum provides tons of information about training, nutrition, behavior and lots of opinions from loving grey owners. Also you can find online many trusted sources. Just read and once you get your grey you will start developing your own experience. I dont see that you have to pay money to listen to someone's advice when you dont know how reliable it is or when you can get even better advice for free.

If I were you and I was planning on getting a grey, I would start looking for a decent breeder, pay him/her a visit, observe the grey, ask as many questions as you want. Once you get your grey, invest in a good avian vet visit to make sure he gets a health check and after that you need to invest your time and effort with your grey to make sure he/she lives a happy and healthy life eating the right food.

Good Luck

Edited by ranaz
added a comment