NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Albert Update

flyingmoray

Here are some pictures of Albert. He was hatched on 4/4 and is still on one hand feeding a day. He is doing great and loves to tear things apart. He doesn't like to eat while in his cage during the day while I am at work so I am trying to figure out ways to make him eat. He prefers to eat on my bed with his dishes there (his cage is in my bedroom). Is there any downsides to letting him do this? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on getting him to eat during the day in his cage?

He is the sweetest bird and loves to get attention and get scratched.

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

Albert certainly is a cutie. As for him eating on the bed, it might be cute now but he will grow up. Reminds me of when the kids were little and I got them a Great Dane puppy. Such a cute little thing that they loved to let sit on their backs and across them laps when it was little. I told them, Paper Boy, will grow up to weigh around 150 lbs, remember that. Well guess what happened when a few months later the kids didn't want this huge "puppy" sitting on their backs or across their laps at 75 lbs!!!!

As for eating in his cage while you are at work/gone. Always see that pellets and other foods are in Albert's cage. If he gets hungry, he will eat, believe me!!!!!

There is always food in his cage for him in multiple locations and water as well. Usually I take the bowls out and either set them on the bed or somewhere else for him when he is out of his cage and back always when he is back in the cage. When I am home, he is out of the cage almost all of the time. He doesn't like being in his cage very much especially if I am in the room as well.

Albert looks like a real sweetheart and wants to be with you all the time, no different from most any other grey and I think he already has you wrapped around his little talon.

Be sure to have pellets and other foods in his cage at all times for they tend to snack all day long instead of eating in meals.

Thanks for sharing those pics with us, a handsome fella.

Albert is so cute, I loved the pix, thanks for sharing them with us. I guess Im spending a lot of time on the forum nowadays as I miss Kookie my CAG so much. (Im on Holiday in Europe and he is in Kuwait), but its just another 2 weeks and Ill be with him again...