NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rio

Elvenking

Man...thrid time watching this movie and I just love it! I can't get through it without welling up yet. How embarassing. The way he is there with her at the beginning of the movie...brushing teeth, eating breakfast....I mean..that's my life..I can so relate.

The parts that really get my emotions going are when he is going through all the activities with her in the beginning, first flies, and when they part with a little 'high five' act at the end and he flies off. And over all they give the birds such expression is very impressive.

Watching it with my little companion makes it all the more fun. I have to look at him every time I feel for him. He just makes me love him. Right now he is pushing thing off the table near my daughter and saying "Uh ohhh". I love it. We are cracking up.

Just had to spread love for birds..thanks.

You're a full blown addict! You know that, don't you? ;)

I seriously know one thing. I am a bird lover and was probably meant to be a bird. My heart is with the birds. I look into the eyes of my Grey..and I am lost. I just feel for him all the time. The way they blink, their attention, flight! Ohh man..I love it. I feel like I could retire as a person who just cares for birds. I just need a place big enough. I would love to create a huge aviary where I could take all the birds in the world that don;t have a home..and give them a home. Pet trade is a very touchy subject. And I would just love to home all the birds that don't have a place in the wild or a loving family.

You know what they say..."It takes one to know one."

My grandmother raised budgies & canaries. Every memory I have of my grandparent's house has birds singing in the background. They're some of my very happiest memories. So I've been an addict all my life.

Something about a bird. They are majestic. Flight...it's amazing. I want to be them. What a gift! Flying! And my lil friend chooses to use it to come to me. I am just soooooo...soo honored beyond words. Everytime those little talons hit my shoulder.

Can you imagine what it must be like to just stretch out & soar thru the air?

I had the perfect dream once. I was running down a decending hill that was close to my house. When my feet lost grip and I took air...then I glided in semi-circles toward my house..and finally landed in my driveway. This was possibly the most memorable dream I have had..and I would give anything to relive it. So yes...I know exactly what it is like to fly. It's amazing..I think its there within me so that I know. So to look at my baby, see him fly..and see him making his noises in happiness..to throw things off my fridge and say uh ohh...to land in front of me and say "Hey boyee"...or to just beg for my attention while I am on the phone by laying on his back in my arms and hooting..man...I really have an amazing friend. I love to watch him fly. Nothing makes me happier. It never gets old. How long can i go on...I lust love him.

I will never get tired of you going on about your feelings for Isaac and all things flighted and grey. I feel the same way about ours. One thing about that Rio movie though... I tried to copy the fist bump and Gilbert seemed to be getting into it, then gave me a good nip to let me know that whooshing equals hissing in his little world and it was not a good thing. LOL. I love that a movie was made about this subject and I like watching it too. And, yes, my name is dee and I am a grey-a-holic

I am going to indulge in my favorite addiction in about 2 hours when I go home. I also have a mama Dove that is nesting under the eaves out over the porch of my apartment. I will post some pictures in a different thread later, and i will be sure to get pictures of the lil babies.

HOORAY BIRDS!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...