NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Caught her talking!

Cupid

Hey friends, I have been watching a lot of youtube videos of greys talking, starting with our new member Einstien so i was wondering how they did it. I saw MarcusCAG talking, Ruby talking, among others so I decided to try my luck with Aristotle since Ive only ever heard "Goodbye" once.

I have an older camcorder, so I set it up outside in front of the cage this morning, and disappeared. She was very quiet for the first six minutes, but after that started being the most beautiful chatterbox!

I recorded an assortment of pretty whistles / diffrent types of whisltes like the ever popular wolf whistle, then at 9 minutes she completely surprised me with a singing version of "TICKLE PRETTY GIRL" followed by space ship sounds, a microwave beep(s) started to call my son "BRANDON C'MERE" shouted "POTTY BREAK!" more whistling and singing, .

At 20 minutes she said "WOW WOW WOW WOW WOOOOOOOOW" HELLO and PEEK A BOO" by 23 minutes she did a bomb dropping sound effect, ticking sound, like when you tap on a glass window with a key, "ARISTOTLE CRAKCER" "WHATCHA GONNA DO THERE BABY?" a joyful pretty long laugh, "HAHAHAHA"

by 27 minutes she was saying "PRETTY BIRD RUBY, RUBYS PRETTY BIRD" (Rubys my lil girl)then "WANA DANCE?" "HURRY UP" and some more "PEEK A BOO's and whistles. She threw a couple of kissing smooches in to boot.

I just wanted to share this incredible blessed day Im having with all of you, because I feel so very lucky. I knew I love my bird, but seeing how smart and vocal she really is made my day.

Now if only I could figure out for her to vocalize in front of me.......

Edited by Cupid

Im trying to figure out how to edit and post this video, but my camcorder doesnt have a computer input cabel just RCA's. Ill figure something out, but this was just the first attempt, so I promise theyll be more soon.

Edited by Cupid

Wonderful! I'm happy for you! Who would have thought he'd have so many secret words and phrases and sounds under his belt? I'm looking forward to Simon starting to talk. (I have noticed that when I go upstairs and leave the music on, all the birds practice new sounds, but I can't really make it out because the music's on.)

She may just be one of those greys who only like to vocalize when they think no one is around so you may have to continue to be sneaky to catch her chatting but she sounds great and I bet she will surprise you more and more with what she says, thanks for sharing the vids with us.

My pleaseure Judy and friends. I am very happy tonite. I actually found the list that the previous owner had written me, and she had specified that she couldnt remember everything she would hear because it was so much. Heres the list of what I can expect to catch on my sneaky videos:

Hi, my names Aristotle, whatcha doin?, cracker, want a cookie?, come here, ready, come on, mommys boy, I love you!, tickle tickle, peep eye, hey big boy, hey, wanna go outside?, mommy you ok?, good boy, ok, bye bye, good bye, laughs, cell phone rings, wails, explodes bomb, wolf whistles....

The cell phone rings might change because your ringer might be different. Our little Sennie used to respond to the ringing telephone. Whenver the phone would ring, she would yell, "Christy!" followed by "Chriiiiiiiiiisty!" We got a new phone with a different ring. Plus Christy is now 32 and hasn't lived here for awhile so we haven't heard that in a few years. We still hear "Where's Jessica?" She is 29 and doesn't live here anymore either but her 3 year old daughter is here frequently. She watches this one Scooby Doo movie where a character says, "My name is Jessica" and Lana says, "She's not Jessica. Mama is Jessica." So lately the "Where's Jessica?" has returned.

Bet that was a lot of fun viewing that video!! Great news!

Lets just say I was very pleasantly surprised. My coworkers were asking my why im so "bubbly" tonite. lol, i told them I guess im just a weirdo.

I find it good to do something the Parrot can reply to. Like "Where's the train?" 3sec pause then "Choo Chooo"

When they then know what to expect they will join in more. Plus they turn it around of course.