NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Slater biting his nails video

fidsandfrats

Hi everyone,

I finally got the chance to get Slater on video biting his nails. He's been doing this behavior forever. I've been told by many that this is a grey trait. Let me know after seeing him actually doing it if you still think it's a grey trait or something else. I am probably reinforcing this behavior but for the life of me I don't know what I am doing to reinforce it and I cannot figure out how to get him to stop and I sure don't want it to escalate.

Edited by fidsandfrats

I saw the video on youtube, its great...saw your birdroom as well... I loved it...Im so envious....and your birds are so lucky... :)

Thanks. You would not believe how long it took Slater to get used to his new place. Still not sure he is confortable in there. Greys can be so complicated.

He looked so cute biting his nails, but kinda looked ancsious as well... he seems to love his net in the room... I loved the room and I hope one day I can have one like this at my place...you did a great job and with all those toys... I kinda understand that it will take them a while to get used to this place... but its like a parrot heaven to me...