NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Murphy has escaped!

reggieroo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still checking everyday for good news about Murphy... Good thoughts & prayers to you that a reunion is close !!

I was thinking... my husband & I are retired & sit out on our deck morning & evening. All God's creatures around us living in our yard. Chipmunks, squirrels run the top of the fence, climb the same trees, have designated paths around the shed, groundhogs eating the same trees & bushes, cardinals, wrens, etc. nesting in the bird houses & foraging the yard, raccoons & opposums in the compost pile, deer trecking the same path, even the neighbor's dog coming thru the fence at the same place ---- they all visit daily !! morning & evening and all thru the day critters in their enviornment.

Murphy is there just to cross paths w/ you at the right moment !!! Garden, tree tops, river... He's close by & I feel YOU WILL FIND HIM Stay strong & determined !!!

I know it looks dim right now Paul but don't give up hope on getting Murphy back, chances are still good and he may be fending for himself very well so keep up the searching and he will show up somewhere, hope springs eternal and we all have our fingers crossed that the two of you will be reunited soon.

Im just checking in, and wondering: Is the weather cold over there?

Well the weather hasn't been so nice & warm, no so much cold but wet so I guess he could get a little cold at night if he is wet. :(

I wish I had some better news for you guys.

Hi Paul, have you had anymore sightings in the last couple of days? I hope and pray along with all the others following this thread and the facebook threads that you and Murphy are soon reunited.

Unfortunatly Dan I haven't had any sighting in I think over a week now, It's not looking good. I know that people get reunited at all different times from days, weeks to even years after they have been lost but in reality I don't hold out much hope right now. As soon as the sightings cease you kinda lose your hope & all you have left is luck & prayers.

I don't think Murphy could get wet that easily. My Zak really didn't want to bathe one time so I tried taking him in the shower with his cage and after an hour of heavy showering he was still dry:-S

Also, if the weather is not that good he probably found some place to stay dry so that could be the reason why there haven't been sightings. He has his instinct to protect him. People also tend to be less outside while weather is not so good so that too would explain people not reporting in.

Just letting you know, I'm thinking good thoughts of Murphy everyday.... Have you been back to the garden area yet? Morning time is always when my grey talks, eats & acts silly... Have you tried areas early in the day??

I think of you every day and pray for a miracle and reuniting. I know it must be hard to keep coming back when you miss Murphy so much. I am glad you do come back into the forum, you are still part of the family and we do understand how it feels to love him so much and keep up hope that he has been taken in by someone who will take good care of him while they search for you. They wouldn't know about this forum, but hopefully would start searching around and find us too. I wish I could think of something to say that would give you comfort during this long time of separation and your hard work trying to get back together with your friend. You are daily in our thoughts and prayers.

Yes, Paul, we're all thinking of you. I told my husband last night that you haven't posted any news of Murphy sightings in a while, and his face just fell... we feel for you, so much. But, truly, like so many others here have brought out before, sometimes it can take months before parrots and owners are reunited--they are trying months in the meanwhile, and I know you must be eaten up inside by everything right now, but your Murphy's obviously a fighter and very savvy and smart. I want to believe that you two will find each other again soon.

Still thinking of you...

Just checking... I'm looking on greyforums & facebook every day. Your ordeal has made me appreciate my CAG (an 11yo rehome with alot of baggage) so much more. He's my little buddy & I know Murphy NEEDS you back in his life as much as you need him...

Just had a txt, saying an African grey has been seen in Dudly area, buffery park. It's about an hour away & 35/40 miles from me & is now dark.

What do I do? If I go all the way there now he won't make a sound in the dark & it's pitch black. Just txt them back & asked if they could catch him but they say he has now gone but will keep an eye out.

It might be him, but is it best to wait till morning?